PDA

View Full Version : CSHP40 problems

FuzzyLogic
29th August, 2001, 09:41 AM
I got a question, related to CSHP40 release.

I am having lots of troubles playing on servers with it (the following is true only for CSHP40 any other releases work just fine for me also I am talking about CTF games here). I have UT GOTY edition with all 4 bonus packs installed.

I was just wondering if there is a way I can fix it. When I join the server with CSHP40 on it, everything gets messed up.
1. Voice commands are screwed (for example "Roger that." is replaced by "Somebody get our flag back")
2. I can hear some voice commands of the enemy team that are actually teamsay type and that I normally woudn't hear.
3. Models don't move normally, they are "frozen" in one position and simply slide/float around. Model only becomes animated while in water.
4. When I kill the opponent, his model doesn't fall apart and turn into gibs. It just keeps standing where I killed it. Though when I point at model the name doesn't appear as if it normally would if he was alive. I can either shoot it a few times after which it finally disappears and turns into gibs or it would disappear after 10-20 seconds or so, I guess it depends on game speed.
I have screenshots of those if needed.

Even though CSHP4+ and others are available CSHP40 is installed on most servers, and I have a few friends who have the same problem also. Would be nice to hear that there is something we can do about it, if not...ah well.

I just came from the scrim, we played on CSHP40 server, I agreed to play even though I knew it would be weird, well, on Coret after the instense fight I saw >20 ppl on our base, only 3 were actual alive players, the rest just those dead models.....soooo confusing :eek:

Thank you.

.... I see dead people...... :(

[edit] P.S. I think CSHP4+ brings the same problems

TriscuiT
29th August, 2001, 05:12 PM
In the past I have had the issue with player models not animating and not falling down when killed. For me, the problem turned out to be that I was using the S3 textures (making UT quite pretty) and the server on which I was playing was using the "ripped" textures from the SERVER ONLY UT version. Once the admins copied the full texture files from an UT CD onto the server, everything started working fine. So, for me, it had absolutely nothing to do with CSHP.

TriscuiT

FuzzyLogic
29th August, 2001, 06:58 PM
Well, I don't use S3 textures, and the reason I suspect it's CSHP is that recently a bunch of servers I used to play on upgraded to CSHP40 and all of a sudden I can't play on them :( I know I haven't changed anything in my UT.

DrSiN
29th August, 2001, 07:25 PM
Weirder things have happened, but I don't see how CSHP could effect you like this. Anyone else seeing this?

FuzzyLogic
29th August, 2001, 07:39 PM
I know 3 others guys have told me withing past 2 weeks that they got the same problems, they didn't associate it with CSHP tho, they just were wondering how they can fix it.

Actually, I ain't 100% sure it's CSHP, just got suspicious, because it only happens to me on CSHP40 servers, may be it's just some weird coincidence. I am reinstalling UT right now, will not install extra textures (though I don't think I ever used them). And try to go around d/l all CSHP's and stuff one more time. Will report back soon.

Elvis
30th August, 2001, 05:01 PM
There can be some weird stull going on if the server sits behind a cheap router or if their firewall isn't forwarding all necessary ports to the server.

TriscuiT
31st August, 2001, 04:02 PM
Elvis,

A very valid point.

Fuzzy,

Do you have any idea on how these servers are connected to the 'Net? Cable? DSL? T1?

TriscuiT

FuzzyLogic
31st August, 2001, 05:44 PM
Guys, thanx for your replies, I've been very busy lately, didn't have time to do much testing. But it looks like that it was my UT :/ I've reinstalled a new copy of it, and played a couple of games, looks allright. Though this bug didn't always come up and sometimes gameplay was normal, but I hope it won't happen this time.

Servers, I play on quite popular servers, for example I had this problem on SPEAKEASY servers, they probably have T1, though I never was interested in what they got.

Anyways, thank you all for your replies :)