PDA

View Full Version : Is this a cheat?

|]X[|-Shock_G-
21st November, 2001, 09:32 AM
Im sure U guyz have answered this one a million timez but since I just recently started checkin this forum I have not seen it. I got this report out of my log filez:

#### -------------------------------- ####
#### HACKED CLIENT DETECTED ####
#### - Player Name : *****************
#### - Player IP : ***.***.***.***:****
#### - Method : Illegal Rouge Aimbot Detected (Unknown Cheat)
#### - Action : Kicked
#### - TimeStamps : 1494.4.1010.6
#### - Auth. Code : 414960032
#### - Date/Time: 11-14-2001 / 15:8:3

What is this? Thank you.

HogMan
22nd November, 2001, 02:07 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but what I think DarkByte/Dr.SiN said about this is that something other than the player changed the player's point of view or movement. So as far as CSHP is concerned, something did happen that it considers a cheat. I see this many times in my logs, but then again, I run the Strangelove mod and sometimes SL can throw the player way out of wack when you hit something or crash. I know it is not actually a real cheat (aimbot or something) since I myself and my co-workers all have entries in the log files with that error. I can say for myself and my co-workers, we do not cheat, I can just assume SL is causing this, I usually see lots of SL errors in the logs before it happens. Now this is just my experience with it, if you are not running any extra mods or anything, than something else is probably going on and someone could possibly be cheating.

I will still continue to use CSHP since I know it prevents most of the aimbots and cheats. You just have to decide how much of a balance you want between running a plain server vs a modded server that may kick people every now and then for possible cheating. Hope that helps.

Also, thanks DarkByte/Dr.SiN for making CSHP and UTPure.

Spacedebris
29th November, 2001, 10:17 PM
Thats not a cheat. At least I am 99.9% sure.:) I run three servers and I would see this type of hit everyday from people that I know dont cheat. Hell I even have several of these hits from myself :P I get a lot of "false" hits from the CSHP. So I always assume that it is just a "false" hit unless it give a specific bot being used. But as long as it says "unknown cheat" I just consider it a glitch.