PDA

View Full Version : UTPureRC3 Server

HogMan
7th December, 2001, 08:00 AM
Just installed UTPureRC3 on my server. So far so good.

I am running Bonus pack 1 & 4, Strangelove, ServerAdds, KickIdlePlayers, Relics, Volitile Ammo, and CCProtector.

So if you are interested, check it out: unreal://ut.soggybread.com:7777

Also, CCProtector doesn't seem to be working. I do not see the rings around people when they spawn, also, people are still killed by spawnkillers. I have tried respawning and not moving or switching weapons, then a few seconds later, I get killed. Any ideas? Note, it was like that before installing UTPure

I have the following in my System directory.
CCProtector.int
CCProtector.u

I have this in my UnrealTournament.ini file
ServerPackages=CCProtector

[CCProtector.CCProtector]
GuardTime=15
MinGuardTime=3

And I see this messages in the logs
Add mutator CCProtector.CCProtector
###############################
# Spawn Protector #
# version 1.0 #
###############################
Guard Time is 15.000000
MinGuardtime is 3.000000

Any ideas?

Thanks.

DarkByte
7th December, 2001, 08:57 AM
Did you add CCProtector as a mutator to the game ?

Grave
7th December, 2001, 12:37 PM
try EavySpawnProtect (http://www.planetunreal.com/eavy/#EavySpawnProtect) instead, i've been using it for a long time and it works very nicely.
and yes you need to load it with mutators commandline attribute and also to add it to serverpackages section of your server's ini file.
also add following section to your ini

[EavySpawnProtect.EavySpawnProtection]
ActivateSpawnProtect=True
DeactivateDamageMomentum=True
InstigatorDamageScale=0
MaximumProtectionTime=4
MinimumProtectionTime=2
VictimDamageScale=0

HogMan
7th December, 2001, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the suggestion Grave, I'll have to check it out.

DarkByte, I have this listed in my command line for the mutator
CCProtector.CCProtector. From the log file it looks like it is loading ok.

CTF-BigBridge?Name=Player?Class=Botpack.TMale2?team=1?skin=SoldierSkins.blkt?Face=SoldierSkins.Othello?game=Botpack.CTFGame?mutator=SLV2.StrangeMutator,KickIdlePlayers.KickIdlePlayers,CCProtector.CCProtector,BDBMapVote3.BDB
MapVote3,DE.VolatileAmmo,Relics.RelicDeath,Relics.RelicStrength,Relics.RelicSpeed,Relics.RelicRegen,Relics.RelicRedemption,Relics.RelicDefense

Does that look correct?

Thanks.

DarkByte
7th December, 2001, 05:19 PM
It does look correct, so its possible that UTPure prevents it from working. I'll try to look into that.

HogMan
7th December, 2001, 07:01 PM
Just so you know, I played on someone elses server last night running UTPureRC3 and CCProtector and It was working. I think it must be something with my server. Is their any easy way to test it on my own without waiting for someone to spawn kill me? I noticed on the server I was playing on, when people spawned, they had a reddish color ring around them for a second, on my server I don't see that.

Thanks.

p.s. What email address should I send an email to for getting access to the admin forums.

Thanks again.

DarkByte
7th December, 2001, 07:32 PM
You're all set HogMan !

Grave
8th December, 2001, 06:22 PM
wow thats the longest mutator cmdline list i've ever seen :D
i wouldnt be surprised if theres some conflict between some of them
(fyi, i run only eavyspawnprotect/bdbmapvote/forceng(until utpure gets its own working ;)) from cmdline
+utpure/chatlog/playerjoindump/ipserverfix/serverads)

Dawg
10th December, 2001, 05:32 PM
Greetings,
We installed UTPure this past week and it runs real well. Over the weekend I did see 1 for certain skin hack. I did not get a demo but the next one I see I will demo it for you. No aimbots that I can tell. Thanks for all you do.

Dawg

drominore
10th December, 2001, 11:01 PM
I was told by a user (who did not get a demo) that I may have had someone on with a bot several days ago that got through UTPureRC3. I am tracking it back as to player name, etc. but this user said the guy hopped on, was killing left and right and finished the game 30-0 against some great players then disappeared off the server. Sounds kinda like someone testing coding against Pure, but I could be wrong. DB if I can get any more info I will get it to you ASAP...

Other than that Pure works great! Coupled with EavySpawn i think its a great fairplay combo!