PDA

View Full Version : Color cheating?

Boofo
2nd January, 2002, 05:15 PM
I was playing on my server the other night when one of the other players accused a teammate of mine of "color cheating". Apparently, even though we were on the blue team, his skin (a cow) was appearing as red on some of the other players screens (but evidently not everyone's and not during every game). I know this guy and he certainly wasn't intentionally doing this.

I'm running UTPure RC4d with BP1 and BP4 as my only player packs and no other server mods other than a chat logger.

Anyone have any ideas? Could this be related to the bonus pack support of UTPure?

DarkByte
2nd January, 2002, 05:53 PM
This is actually a problem in the original Bonus Pack. I attempted to fit in a fix, but there might be a bit more to do to fix it completely.

Can someone find a way to reproduce this behavior and post a bug report at http://darkbyte.prophetsofdeath.org with the steps ?

DJ_3TJ
3rd January, 2002, 02:25 PM
Isn't this already fixed by mods called "BP1Handler" and "BP4Handler"? And yes, this bug also accurs with bonuspack 4.

Boofo
3rd January, 2002, 03:01 PM
I'm using both BP1Handler4d and BP4Handler4d. My game engine section:

[Engine.GameEngine]
CacheSizeMegs=4
UseSound=True
ServerActors=IpDrv.UdpBeacon
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerQuery
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master0.gamespy.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=UWeb.WebServer
ServerPackages=SoldierSkins
ServerPackages=CommandoSkins
ServerPackages=FCommandoSkins
ServerPackages=SGirlSkins
ServerPackages=BossSkins
ServerPackages=Botpack
ServerPackages=MultiMesh
ServerPackages=Relics
ServerPackages=EpicCustomModels
ServerPackages=TCowMeshSkins
ServerPackages=TNaliMeshSkins
ServerPackages=TSkMSkins
ServerPackages=SkeletalChars
ServerPackages=BDBMapVote3
ServerPackages=UTPureRC4d
ServerActors=UTPureRC4d.UTPureSA
ServerPackages=BP1Handler4d
ServerPackages=BP4Handler4d
ServerActors=ChatLoggerPackage.ChatLogger

And of course my UTPureRC4d.int file:

[UTPure]
Advertise=1
AdvertiseMsg=0
TrackFOV=0
bAllowCenterView=True
CenterViewDelay=2.0
bNGStatsOnly=False
bNGStatsHack=True
bAllowNoSmoke=True
bFastTeams=True
PlayerPacks[0]=BP1
PlayerPacks[1]=BP4

My server was built using the server only install (utserver436final.zip), then applying the bonus packs (I tried as best I could for a "clean" server install :))

As DarkByte requested, I'll try and spend some time recreating it (consistently). It seems to happen most commonly with the Cow skins (no surprise there), but I've also seen it with the Xan skin.

Grave
3rd January, 2002, 03:12 PM
i would avoid the server only install if you want working serverside demos.

Boofo
3rd January, 2002, 03:27 PM
Yes, thanks Grave; I've realized that in the last week. I have me CD's with me to do a reinstall in the coming days during my copious free time. :)