PDA

View Full Version : Stand Alone Timers ...

FuryVII
9th January, 2002, 06:35 PM
Just quickly, DB, u da man, im glad someones still thinking about keeping UT a good game.....  

1 quick q tho....Been testing RC-4D on a mini server, and its the beesknees, but are there going to be any attempts to stop external timers (like mastertimer) ?  

Is it possible that when UT is running, that any keystrokes cannot be punted to external apps... Can u make UT "hog" the keystrokes for itself and not allow those keystrokes to go to another app outside UT?  

I know this is a long-shot, but i was just curious....  

D. -[frUT]-BaNNana

Not sure that a thread will get read when it turns into flaming like the Dodge thread did. (Albeit lite flaming) So I figured I'd repost BaNNana's thought on outside timers. A real nice thought, and something I would love to see answered by the CSHP/UT Pure team. I can imagine some of the things that would have to be overcome, but I'll let you tell me that instead of assuming myself.

FuryVII

Orrie
9th January, 2002, 07:17 PM
Well I'm from europe and I have to say I see that mastertimer used alot. I'm not against it as it's external and doesn't run automaticly. Imho everything that runs within ut with auto timers should be removed. Anything used which requires at least a button to be pressed is ok with me.

FuryVII
9th January, 2002, 07:37 PM
I am well aware of peoples opinions on timers, thats not really the topic. I wouldnt even say I am against things like MasterTimer. I just wouldnt mind seeing those stopped, but its no biggie either way.

UsAaR33
10th January, 2002, 02:06 AM
a stopwatch can be used. Timers are cheating only when they are actually cheats (in game timers can for instance tell when a shieldbelt is picked up.. even when you are far away from it)