PDA

View Full Version : UTPure and Excessive Overkill mod

DarkWench
20th February, 2002, 05:07 PM
I work for a gaming ladder and Admin the Excessive overkill sections.

We (the EO players) seem to have a problem with EO when UTPure is loaded onto the servers. Most of the time the players can not even join.

I am thinking it is the enhanced weapons of the Mod that is doing this, but I am no programmer.

We have only gone up to UTPureRC4d. Would the newer version take care of this problem?

Any ideas, please let me know.

~DW~

DarkByte
20th February, 2002, 06:40 PM
Its simply that Excessive Overkill is subclassing player models (I assume). This makes it not compatible with UTPure.

We might eventually create a plug-in system where mods like EO will be able to work with Pure given that they patch their code.

DarkWench
20th February, 2002, 06:48 PM
Thanks for replying.

Unfotunately, I don't think the maker is doing anything about this mod, as in updates. I have heard rumors that he is, but I can't confirm it.

He originally made EO for Quake, and made this version for UT. He said he was not going to update it because he disliked UT.

Others of the EO crowd have been working on updates, but the Ladder I work for will not use it unless it is an 'official' release from the original maker.

Is it possible that the newer versions of UTPure would work in RC4d's place?

~DW~

TNSe
21st February, 2002, 01:03 AM
it works with UTPureRC4d?

what is "wrong" with 5b/5b2?

DarkWench
21st February, 2002, 06:00 AM
It does not work with RC4d.

Far as I know there is nothing wrong with the other versions, it is just something that has not been set up on the ladder I work for..yet.

The requirements for servers is not up to me, I just help maintain a few ladders.

Doing this helps gets information for the ones that do set the requirements, thus upgrading the fun of playing on hack free servers in the future.

StoneRain
21st February, 2002, 09:43 AM
maybe the original programmer agrees to give the source-code to someone who wants to take over the mod and will make the changes for the plugin

DarkWench
21st February, 2002, 05:12 PM
I think they have tried. There are some altered versions of EO out there, but none of them are perfect. :(

|NRG|SonicBoom
26th February, 2002, 04:12 PM
It sure would be nice if UTPure was compatable with EO... :)

A lot of EO players have been playing EO for 2 years, ever since UT was first released. EO has a very large and active community. Almost every game on pubs or in clan matches is turned into an aimbot accusation war now. We really need UTPure to be compatable with EO. So, please.. Please! :)

MÆST
26th February, 2002, 10:20 PM
I am no programmer but I am a member of the surprisingly large online Excessive Overkill community. The community is in dire need of protection from cheaters that ruin games.

Like I said, I am no programmer, but is there a way make an EO version of UTPure that allows subclassing player models? (if that, indeed, is the problem) I'm sure UTPure currently blocks this because there are certain cheats that can take adavantage of it. However, I, and probably the rest of the community, would be willing to let a few cheats such as these player subclass ones get through, as long as aimbots are stopped.

Thanks for your help.

Xenos
27th February, 2002, 01:27 PM
I am running EO on an NT machine and have been using UTPureRC5b and 5b2 with none of problems you are having. Take TNSe's advice and upgrade. Maybe it will help you out :D

Note: I have not tried EO with UTPureRC4d.

|NRG|SonicBoom
27th February, 2002, 07:48 PM
Xenos,

You are running UTPureRC5b, and people have actually been able to join and play in your server without being kicked? :confused:

Xenos
27th February, 2002, 11:04 PM
That is correct. Give it a try! The ip is 208.254.40.151

TNSe
28th February, 2002, 05:18 AM
I tried this server (some CTF-Football or something)

got amp + ripper and suicided in most spectacular ways. Excessive surely worked, and it said UTPureRC5b2...

Xenos
28th February, 2002, 01:02 PM
Hey TNSe, I know you're not making fun of my map choices ;) |NRG|SonicBoom stopped in last night while I was fragging and saw it working for himself. You are right about committing suicide in spectacular ways, especially on the tight maps :D Some guys only use the Enforcer, so they don't blow themselves away :P

|NRG|SonicBoom
1st March, 2002, 02:18 PM
I'm wondering if UTPure works with EO on your server strictly because you're using the mutator and not the mod... :confused:

Xenos
1st March, 2002, 05:56 PM
Nope, I started off by using the mod, but it had some extras that I didn't like. Excessive time for instance...I thought it made it too hard to kill other players, so that's the reason for only running certain mutators.

|NRG|SonicBoom
1st March, 2002, 09:49 PM
The EO mod with Excessive Time and Excessive No Powerups is very cool... Have you ever tried an online EO CTF server? Like Halls of Valor (63.99.212.111) or Hall of Souls (64.211.7.40)? You really should.. It's as easy to kill people in EO as it is in reg UT, if not easier. Give those servers a try if you have the time. UTPureRC5b has been attemted by the admin of those servers, and he can't get it to work with EO. He says it boots every player that enters. So he still runs CSHP4+. :confused: