PDA

View Full Version : Nice

Highlander
12th March, 2002, 04:29 PM
Wow Doc, quite nice of you to offer some coding advice. Hopefully he will receive alot of praise from the ZP community and see the challange of antihacking and stay on our side. Even if he is not that good at the protection, thats one less code writer for the cheaters. One question for you though. I use to check this forum alot to update cshp, and if i remember correctly you are now working with Unreal2 and its cheat protection right, but it will be built in the game? Didnt you get hired by them or something? Just wondering?

Highlander

DrSiN
13th March, 2002, 04:28 AM
Unreal2 has no multiplayer so doesn't need it :)

I am working at Epic, but my main job is gameplay coding on our upcoming game. Other than that there isn't much I can say :)

Larathiel
13th March, 2002, 08:08 AM
Doc, please make sure there is a way for mappers to get players walking on the ceiling without having to perform black magic with zone portals. :)

DrSiN
13th March, 2002, 03:49 PM
Sorry, not on my list of things to do :)

Highlander
13th March, 2002, 05:56 PM
No multiplayer game play. Obviously they are not too bright then. I am assuming they are going to add that feature to it later on, or will they make another game like unreal tournament 2 that will be strictly mulitplayer like ut mostly was? So you are not writing built in anticheat software for them? Please tell me you are. That would help greatly in preventing cheaters.

Highlander

DrSiN
13th March, 2002, 07:55 PM
Unreal2 = Single player
UT2 = Multiplayer