The Unreal Admins Page - Forums

The Unreal Admins Page - Forums (https://unrealadmin.org/forums/index.php)
-   UnrealAdmin.org (https://unrealadmin.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   UT3 Beta in 2 Weeks, Maybe 1 ... (https://unrealadmin.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25884)

Azazel 9th October, 2007 06:57 PM

UT3 Beta in 2 Weeks, Maybe 1 ...

Quote:

Folks,

Just wanted to give you a heads' up that we're getting pretty close to releasing the Unreal Tournament 3 Beta Demo for Windows. The Beta Demo will allow instant action play against bots as well as online multiplayer. The purpose of the Beta Demo is to test the game on a large variety of hardware configurations and get gameplay feedback from the community. The development team feels they're pretty close to being ready to release this so it could come out this week but for safety sake I'd say it should be out within two weeks.

We have a few fan sites in tomorrow to play the full game and I'm sure they'll be sharing their comments pretty soon afterward.
Source: Mark Rein @ Epic Forums

We won't be sharing any comments as we weren't invited ...

Xen0 9th October, 2007 10:23 PM

Invitations to silly sods who concentrate on a 7 year old game? UNLIKELY :D

buttpirate 9th October, 2007 11:27 PM

After all, this site is mainly for admins. Epic has never cared about peeps running server, thus the lack of server admin data put out by Epic.

TheWatcher 10th October, 2007 07:27 PM

lol admin are like the old wizard with long white beard. they do not care for us but they need us;).

[DANISH]TheDane 10th October, 2007 08:36 PM

well . they can't invite all.

They don't need us, they need people to buy their games, nothing more.

Once it's out we will take over and mutate it into something we like, and then, their gameplay is no more, hence their support will also be gone.

If i made a company and made a fortune on a game, then i would make another game when the first one stops sellings and don't look back ....

There are plenty of enthusiastic people who will be able and willing to support the old games, 8 years for UT99 is a long time for a game, way too long for us to expect anything from Epic.

buttpirate 11th October, 2007 01:50 AM

Epic never supported the admins from the beginning. Case in point, look at that stupid runserver.bat that they included.

SixtSense 11th October, 2007 07:30 AM

EPIc released they Game,But we made the game ;)

LODEEP 11th October, 2007 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SixtSense (Post 132337)
EPIc released they Game,But MX made the game ;)

:peace2:

AnnihilatorSC 12th October, 2007 04:21 PM

Anybody got any clue on how to run a dedicated server with the demo?

[DANISH]TheDane 12th October, 2007 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azazel (Post 132149)
Source: Mark Rein @ Epic Forums

We won't be sharing any comments as we weren't invited ...

thats an arogant way to put it!

look at it this way:

They ask for the opinion of the community, we are a part of that community. Just because we weren't invitet doesn't mean we shouldn't give them our thoughts?

We might as well give them feedback while they are listening? how long time after the release can we expect support? we don't know ... so we best give them our feedback to begin with.

Azazel 12th October, 2007 05:27 PM

When I said sharing comments I was referring to this part:
Quote:

We have a few fan sites in tomorrow to play the full game and I'm sure they'll be sharing their comments pretty soon afterward

PizzaMan 12th October, 2007 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [DANISH]TheDane (Post 132460)
how long time after the release can we expect support?

The people who use this site pretty much is the support for the Unreal series. This is where the knowledge is. Based on that, I dont understand why none of the admins here are invited to try new stuff etc.

Azazel 12th October, 2007 05:42 PM

UT3 forums are open now.
Only a beta sub-section at the moment so that all info can stay there.

TheWatcher 12th October, 2007 06:03 PM

there is download for the demo now. see fileplanet or bit torrent site.

Azazel 12th October, 2007 06:11 PM

That demo was locked, the "other one" was cracked.
Apparently the demo is now unlocked.

100hogs 12th October, 2007 07:18 PM

So, there's no a dedicated server in demo. No Linux executables... Good job Epic! Why in the hell we need a crippled demo of on-line FPS game with little support for on-line gaming itself?

PizzaMan 12th October, 2007 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 100hogs (Post 132487)
So, there's no a dedicated server in demo. No Linux executables... Good job Epic! Why in the hell we need a crippled demo of on-line FPS game with little support for on-line gaming itself?

Whenever the demo or beta for any game is released, some guy will show up and whine about no Linux executables, this and that is missing, no online support, no single player support, etc.

100hogs 13th October, 2007 12:19 AM

Before posting you could go and check history of previous UT releases and why nobody whined in the past.

CowPits 12th November, 2007 08:20 PM

We're admins... We're not supposed to be noticed, recognized or otherwise thanked. However, we will be emailed, contacted and bombarded when our users are having issues.
I admin my clan's UT2k4 server and I enjoy the encouragement and kudos for the work I do. They also appreciate that whenever they need anything done, I'm there.
I also do admin work for my company. Not once has anyone approached me and thanked me that emails are working and data is protected. I don't feel bad just unappreciated, yet I get paid and I guess that's all that matters.

CowPits 12th November, 2007 08:22 PM

Oh I forgot to add... Thanks guys for all the helpful info you provided me on this site over the last three years or so. I appreciate it.