The Unreal Admins Page - Forums

The Unreal Admins Page - Forums (https://unrealadmin.org/forums/index.php)
-   UT Server - General Chat (https://unrealadmin.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   AutoIPBan for ACE (https://unrealadmin.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31034)

madrixis 23rd August, 2012 10:19 PM

AutoIPBan for ACE

Hi guys,

i'm not sure if this is the right place to post uscripted stuff, so admins feel free to move/remove this thread.

i was just bored and pretty annoyed by some ppl who tried their aimbots on and on and on for 5 seconds, got kicked by ace, pressed their rejoin button just to f*** up a good game on public servers and i started to miss an ip banfunction in ace...

may you'll find that helpful aswell:
http://www.madrixis.de/stuff/UT/Admi...oIPBan_v08.zip

new releases coming when i'm bored again, if anyone found bugs or posts enhancement requests.

Edit: v08 inside - see readme [History]

medor 23rd August, 2012 10:46 PM

THX

Just IP or ID HWID ?

madrixis 23rd August, 2012 11:04 PM

just IPs.
however you can spam the needed information to irc using mvrep (tested with x3) to get it picked up by a banningsystem.

its running locally on one utserver its useless to save real banning information to a local ini, imo.
idd the player can rejoin after IP changing... but most cheaters dont, so it reduces the number of logs aswell.
ace needs a few seconds to generate the IDs of a player and kick for a detected cheat, so it doesnt really matter if you ban on IP or IDs.
IP is just faster in this case and prevents on and on rejoins and idd the cheater will love you because he has to change his IP every 5 seconds if he really wants to rejoin.

thyrex 24th August, 2012 10:54 AM

Oh you made it public :)
Thanks for the sharing !

madrixis 24th August, 2012 11:35 AM

yeah, and this version is quite handy imo.

version and readme in the zip updated.

Peyote 28th August, 2012 09:22 AM

Thanks for this madrixis :thumbup:

madrixis 30th August, 2012 06:34 PM

youre welcome Peyote.

just a quick FYI: if you ban on gnatives ppl coming from old utdc servers might be affected. however, i only can use the triggers ACE gives me, the false detection may be solved in a future release of ACE or if those old admins who are using UTDC on their servers start moving over.

seeing ppl with UTDC1.8 logs here from time to time! :uhoh3:

madrixis 10th October, 2012 05:43 PM

just updated it to v05... see the readme [History] for the changes.

tested this version as much as possible, however, i wasnt able to reproduce all the falsedetections i found in my logs.

madrixis 11th July, 2013 09:15 PM

aaaaaaaaand another update

Chamberly 12th July, 2013 04:30 AM

Thank you for continuing your project! :)

back4more 13th July, 2013 05:12 AM

interesting , never tried this one.. so now theres 3 :)

ace-banmanager , this one and another one.. we are being spoilt :)

will look into it.. thank you.

madrixis 16th July, 2013 04:42 PM

well, i missed some Features since i moved from UTDC to ace - this re-adds the stuff i was after while starting to use ace06.

actually anthchecker - which i dont use anylonger - has a feature "external notify" - if you need something similar for ace - drop me a line.

for the ace09 users - no idea how the 09c beta found the way into a known public download Portal instead of being published on unrealadmin.org - i'll rebuild the current v07a for ace09 soonish, too.

SoNY_scarface 18th July, 2013 09:03 PM

The fact that v09c is not released to public and not used by the people who it was released to privately, speaks for itself really....As far as I remember, 9c doesn't generate any HWID so no use porting this

madrixis 24th July, 2013 01:51 PM

i just couldnt get used to ace09c ipv6 issues.

however, i got my thingy updated once more this month - see the readme for the changes.

ace09 Support is pretty minor but currently thats all i can do for this aceversion since the EH file got changed a lot :(

osmeljose92 4th January, 2017 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madrixis (Post 168359)
i just couldnt get used to ace09c ipv6 issues.

however, i got my thingy updated once more this month - see the readme for the changes.

ace09 Support is pretty minor but currently thats all i can do for this aceversion since the EH file got changed a lot :(

Is it possible to do this for ACE v10 ?? I'm needing it urgently to avoid players with tricks :-/