The Unreal Admins Page - Forums

The Unreal Admins Page - Forums (https://unrealadmin.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://unrealadmin.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   [UT2004/Release] Spawn With Locker Weapons (https://unrealadmin.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28999)

Wormbo 7th February, 2009 03:04 PM

[UT2004/Release] Spawn With Locker Weapons

About two weeks ago, BeyondUnreal.com revealed the change list of the upcoming major UT3 patch. One of the new gameplay features reads:
Quote:

Originally Posted by BeyondUnreal.com
In game types using weaponlockers, players spawn with weapons from nearest weapon locker.

This feature, which has not even been released for UT3, is now available in UT2004 by using my new Spawn With Locker Weapons mutator. It will work in all game types but for obvious reasons only has an effect in maps that contain weapon lockers in the player spawn areas.

Download link

ARsEnAl51 9th February, 2009 12:38 PM

Working good so far :)

Just wondering, is it normal that it takes our server off the standard list since it's server-side only?

Wormbo 10th February, 2009 07:12 PM

Yes, every mutator does that unless its name was explicitly added to Epic's white list on the masterserver. You could ask in the Epic forums if they will add it, but IMHO it changes gameplay in a way that might be considered "too non-standard" for a whitelisted mutator.

ARsEnAl51 11th February, 2009 10:34 AM

Yeah, that and they're kind of busy with UT3. Hmmm... I'll give it a try when I get the chance.

Would there be a way to somehow make it a server actor?

Wormbo 11th February, 2009 05:29 PM

Not without significantly increasing the required amount of processing power. And like I said: I don't mind it making servers non-standard.

ARsEnAl51 11th February, 2009 05:45 PM

On one hand, a server full of people without the mutator. On the other hand, a server almost empty with the mutator.

* ARsEnAl51 cries real hard :cry:

Wormbo 12th February, 2009 02:35 PM

People still don't uncheck that stupid box when they first see it?

ARsEnAl51 12th February, 2009 05:28 PM

Well, that and/or they don't use the favorites either. What's sad is that it's a great mutator.

Wormbo 12th February, 2009 06:07 PM

Maybe it could be integrated into ONSPlus. (Or is that not whitelisted either?)

ARsEnAl51 13th February, 2009 09:01 AM

ONSPlus is whitelisted. I don't know if Shambler is still active though...

Wormbo 13th February, 2009 09:31 AM

Does working on the UT3 expansion count as active? ;)

ARsEnAl51 13th February, 2009 09:47 AM

Woops! *hides under a rock* :P

»SZO«Moo 13th February, 2009 08:23 PM

When there's a will there's a way. And there is a way to make it show.

EmDzei 5th March, 2009 09:19 AM

One point to whitelist

Nice mutator and I am interesting to install it to my two Onslaught-servers, but it is useless if the mutator is not whitelisted.

Why whitelisted?

OK, those servers what are not typically standard server they use often huge amount of mutators beginning low gravity, super-hyper weapons, c00L zounds and other stupidies. And you load those things over 300 MB when logging first time in. ;-) Those server are near of a new mods. :-D Therefore whitelisted server are little thing of good quality and near to original gamestyle.. Unreal gaming. This kind of mutator is not out of the original gaming, just helping get weapons and controlling spawnkillers idiot life.

Wormbo 5th March, 2009 12:34 PM

You are free to request whitelisting for my mutator, I certainly won't object.