View Single Post
Unread 4th March, 2012, 08:48 PM
Forum Newcomer

Hello there,

Since I saw no talk about this on anywhere on the net, I'm asking about it in here. Since ACE already implements multicorefix and crosshairscaling, I'm wondering if there would be any way to fix this weird problem on ut's netcode part too?

So to my problem:

After I got one of these babies called 120Hz monitor, I was faced by another problem on UT (sigh ). UT runs fine in offline mode with smooth movement, but the so called "skipping" or just warping starts when I jump to a online server with tickrate anything between 25 to 35, because of my high framerate.

I made some testing and it seems that to get UT be smooth online, the fps/tr difference should stay under (or be exactly) 3:1 to be smooth. So for online now I would "need" 40tr to be stable with 120fps, and 125fps already needs 42. I can't really understand how UT's netcode can be this bad, that just different framerate can cause these problems.
So to have smooth online play now I need to go into instagib servers since they're the only ones what are using 40tr. Rest of them like TDM scene won't adjust them, because it affects minigun/pulse and mouse sensitivity/feel in general.

The other choice for me is to go way under 100Hz. 92Hz seemed to do fine, until I noticed that my screen started flickering with custom refresrates like that, so it's a no go with it for now.