View Single Post
Unread 12th May, 2018, 05:55 PM
Forum Newcomer

Hi guys,

Thanks both.

@admin - very useful post, really appreciate that. The SPRemover mod did the trick - no redeemer! Perfect.

I've not made the jump to the latest version of NewNet purely because of the time it took me to install the previous one and it seems I'll have to manually remove / unpick the previous installation files and swap out for the new ones I don't want to completely screw up the server in the process when it's pretty much exactly as I want it.

I have one final problem now which I just can't fix - I want a minimum of 4 bots on the server when a game starts - and they should leave as human players join.

This should be simple - but I just can't get it to work. Of the information I've found there seems to be multiple ways of adding bots:

- Under the [Botpack.DeathMatchPlus] heading, add 'MinimumPlayers=4'
- Under the [MapVoteLA13.BDBMapVote], add 'MinimumBots=4'
- Within each MapVote array element, i.e. CustomGameConfig[0], add MinPlayers=4 to the 'Settings=' attribute - as each game mode has it's own configuration, i.e. mutators and settings
- In the UCC boot up script, add ?MinimumPlayers=4

I just can't work out which mod / settings section is actually taking precedence. When I look at the console log, I'm seeing:

StartMutator: NewNetWeaponsv0_9.PureStat
Execute Setting: TimeLimit=20. Property: TimeLimit. Value: 20
Execute Setting: MaxPlayers=8. Property: MaxPlayers. Value: 8
Execute Setting: MaxSpectators=12. Property: MaxSpectators. Value: 12
Execute Setting: MaxTeams=2. Property: MaxTeams. Value: 2
Execute Setting: FriendlyFireScale=1. Property: FriendlyFireScale. Value: 1
Execute Setting: GoalTeamScore=0. Property: GoalTeamScore. Value: 0
Execute Setting: bTournament=True. Property: bTournament. Value: True
Execute Setting: bUseTranslocator=False. Property: bUseTranslocator. Value: False

I've set every instance of bTournament=True to bTournament=false in my UnrealTournament.ini, yet the console log always reports bTournament=true when it boots up - and I can't work out what's causing it.

I also set MaxPlayers=12 under [Engine.GameInfo], but whenever I restart the server - something is overwriting it back to MaxPlayers=8 - I don't know what's causing that either.

I've uploaded my UnrealTournament.ini for you to look at: https://gist.github.com/mgldev/c58d6...06a304bbba443c

Here's my server bootup CLI script contents:
./ucc-bin server DM-Deck16][.unr?Game=Botpack.DeathMatchPlus?Mutator=MapvoteLA 13.BDBMapvote,SPRemover.Remover?MinimumBots=4?Maxi mumBots=4?MaxPlayers=12?MinPlayers=4 ini=UnrealTournament.ini multihome=@SERVERIP port=@SERVERPORT -nohomedir

The server is alive on 173.199.72.6:7777

All I need now is a server starting with 4 bots and I'm happy - and I'll attempt to upgrade the NewNet to UltimateNewNet Build 1 as soon as I have a bit more time on my hands.

It's worth mentioning that in the Server Browser, the info panel for my server, it does state 'Bots enter the game for a min. of: 4 players' - so it looks like the server *thinks* there should be 4 players, but when I join, no bots turn up in the game - I've tried staying in the server for around 5 minutes and gave up.

Thanks again!
Mike

Last edited by shux : 12th May, 2018 at 06:00 PM.