View Single Post
Unread 23rd January, 2013, 06:31 PM
Dominating

Quote:
Originally Posted by back4more View Post
Few things Iam keen to try and figure out.. if I run a Nw servers and wanted to include a couple of NW3 weapons into it how would I do that?

for example .. Sniper and (random Redeemers/cyborg/insta/etc) weapons
It's fairly simple (and no, you don't need any additional replacer, it's my fault for not providing docs yet about the true capabilities of the replacer that comes with NW3).

Just open UT, go to the Mod menu, and then Nali Weapons 3 Gameplay Settings, then in one of the tabs you can check and uncheck the weapons you want.
Then close it, and upload your NWConfig.ini to the server, done.

Also, if you just want the sniper and all the nuclear weapons, you don't need to host the entire pack, you just need to host the packages concerning each weapon.
For instance, for sniper and redeemer replacements only:
NWCoreV3.u -> main package (core)
NWIRPRV3.u -> IRPR (sniper)
NWNuclearFXV3.u
NWNuclearLauncherV3.u
NWMegatonV3.u
NWUltimaProtosV3.u
NWIonizerV3.u
NWCybotLauncherV3.u -> these 6 packages are the nuclear effects + 5 super weapons: all nuclear launchers, megaton, ultimaprotos, ionizer and cybot launcher respectively.

Quote:
secondly the little timer device that we spawn with.. that always throws an error... what is that for?
The device is to defuse the Megaton (the deployable nuclear bomb). If you actually press the numbers in your keyboard once you're in its input mode (right click), you can type the code.
This way, if you defuse an enemy Megaton (by knowing its code), then you can pick it up and use against him (although he can do the same to you, so it's a cat and mouse game).

Quote:
Also I read somewhere that you may be able to incorporate your newer version of zp into nw's?
is this still in the plans ahead or ?
Yes, the new ZP that comes with NW3 was planned to be used for NW, however since I didn't receive enough input in how the NW3 one plays, I am not so sure anymore.
The NW3 ZP is made from scratch btw, and I would perhaps dare to say that is by far more secure than the currently used ZP, since I don't rely in hiding code to make it secure (that's right, NW3 ZP is open source) and since it makes a ton of validations server-side and has support for plugins to further enhance that security (so even if an exploit is found, one can simply write 1 single class of code with just a few kb and put it as a server only mutator and the weapons will autobind to it and make further validations through that new code, and by being a server-side plugin, one can make that new code fully private if they so wish), but since I received zero input in how it plays out, I may not do it for NW.

Plus, there's this new thing called NewNet someone is developing and which looks promising, so probably that will make ZP obsolete anyway as far as NW is concerned.

Nali Weapons 3 | Community UT mods

Last edited by Feralidragon : 23rd January, 2013 at 06:34 PM.