Thread: BTCheckPoints
View Single Post
Unread 28th December, 2010, 07:39 PM
Godlike

Quote:
Originally Posted by kLeptO* View Post
Also, bRemoveCPAfterCap=True isn't working with BunnyTrackGame. Tried it on several servers.
What Bunnytrack gametype / mutator are you running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kLeptO* View Post
This is more of the mapper's fault, but you can still cap/rec after using CP on some maps.. Maps that have the flags close together it is very easy to do.. BT-DeadSimple-v2, BT-EasybutHARD_dbl, BT-TTF-8_fix2, BT-Speedy are just a few that it's happened on already, while testing this for 15 minutes. Under 1 second recs on all maps.. Can you make an option to kill players when they grab the flag or something? :X

The teleport effect (at the actual playerstart) is annoying to see/hear also with a lot of players. Maybe you've already tried removing that, I don't know. Worth looking into.

Otherwise, ok so far.

[BTCheckPoints.BTCheckPoints]
bEnabled=True
bSearchForNexgen=False
bSearchForBTpp=False / True still allows sub 1 second recs.
bDisallowCaps=True
bRemoveCPAfterCap=True
iCPDelay=5
iCPType=0
bAllowInAir=False
bAllowInWater=False
bAllowInWrongZone=False
bAllowOnMovers=False
bAllowOnTeleporters=False
bShowCPOwners=False
bShowCPStatus=False
I'm sorry, but as you said, it's the mapper's fault. The build-in capture preventer checks every tick whether a player has the flag and if he has used his checkpoint. If yes, the flag will be send home. Now, when the flags are to close to each other, the capture will be performed before the next tick, therefore it's not possible to prevent the capture.
BTPlusPlus has a special feature which will prevent the player from picking up the flag. I've used that feature and the bug shouldn't occur, but ONLY if the server is running BTPlusPlusv098 or higher. That was the best solution I could think of, the others would be way to much work.
This could sound hard, but I would say you should either live with the 0:01 sec caps or remove the map.

The teleporter effect at the startspot can't be fixed, it's included in the engine.

Last edited by Sp0ngeb0b : 28th December, 2010 at 07:42 PM.