Thread: QValidate V111
View Single Post
Unread 6th August, 2004, 09:53 PM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless
Hi Max]I[muS-X, if I understand what you're saying correctly, you want QV to simply log the presence of hacks without booting players. It would nice but I've no idea if it it's possible. I imagine QV does a first pass using the DLL to scan memory and only then it proceeds to check packages. If it did this all the time, there's a chance there that it would have an impact on gameplay quality.
I think what Max is referring to is something like we had in SniperArena... instead of downloading qval by the name of Qval... rename it to something like BluePixies or something that doesnt look like a Security Protection. since no-brainer rule #1 for cheaters is....if ya see a new anti on the server get the fook off the server before ya connect.

...not sure what ya mean in comparison to PC's .dll and the Linux extention mentioned (iso?)...relating to Mac's processes. I can prob get ya the info, but not sure what Im looking for.

I think there is only 1 bot in the history of Bots that a Mac can use anyway, and its either been blocked long time, and/or the hacked pure needed to use it is easily detectable. And since Im probably the only Mac user that still plays this tired ole game =) ya atta just exclude us Macs from having to be checked all together (if thats possible to detect my cpu type and do it from there)