View Single Post
Unread 4th March, 2012, 02:08 PM
Killing Spree

As many of you probably do not know, EPIC allowed a group of programmers to improve upon the UT game in order to make it safer against attacks, or atleast give anticheat programmers tools to target known cheats. I had high hopes for this solution, and they actually had a version working that did everything I needed it to do. Unfortunately, they were stopped by some licensing issues, which did not allow them to release. (Lawyery stuff)

Now, before you think that I have a solution or have fixed something up, I sadly do not. This was my final hope for a good fair fight.

On the other hand, I can give you the source of UTPureRC6A. I know it is not the last version I released, but it was the version I made which only passively prevented UnrealScript based cheats from working. It was designed for this Unreal Tournament version which had built in security.

The reason I am not releasing UTPureRC<last version> is that I have not been able to find it yet. (I was going through my old stuff, still sifting through it). I have moved a few times, lost a computer used as server somewhere (no, I can not ping it ), and possibly lost my CD & DVD backups. I did have backups online, but the people who I had backups with are no longer responding or possible to reach.

I also have CSHP4.0 Source, but that is still owned by Midnight Interactive (Dr.SiN (Joe Wilcox) and DarkByte), they will have to allow me to release it.

I am available for chat on IRC at #anti-cheat on irc.quakenet.org or #unrealscript on irc.enterthegame.com
Attached Files
File Type: rar UTPureRC6A-Source.rar (209.3 KB, 773 views)