View Single Post
Unread 26th November, 2007, 02:40 AM
Killing Spree

Default Query Playerstats API

After some time a little update here, I did some research and thanks to Cruz I got the necessary information I needed to program an example client which queries directly Gamespy to get the information of the players.

The project is written in C# and works under .NET and Mono, the fast prototyping, and automation of the Writing of the proxy classes for the webservices made it very nice to develop.

This is quite sure the same method enemydown.co.uk uses, I tried to contact them, but I was faster with getting the info myself, and I want to make it easier for other interested people.

How it works:

we log in at gpcm.gamespy.com and get a valid user ticket (thats why we need a valid login)
then with this ticket we query a webservice at ut3pc.sake.gamespy.com, as described in the previous post. In principle this is all what we need.

The parameters needed can be obtained via WireShark, a little list is added to the client as well. For experimenting this should be enough.

I'm working on a web interface (here) and if anybody is interested I will release a console client.

Thanks to Cruz and the author of gslist

PS: some admin can move this into the main area, since its not demo related anymore. TIA

Here you can download the Source:
To make it work: add a valid Account in the beginning of the Main Procedure. The Code is GPL.
gameSpyWebService.zip

PS: consult the Source Code I tried to document it understandable.

Last edited by apophis.ch : 26th November, 2007 at 02:42 AM.