View Single Post
Unread 24th January, 2013, 08:56 PM
Holy Shit!!

Cool

hey bro

thanks for clearing that up for us. thought there was another option to add/replace weapons through NW3.

Quote:
Yes, the new ZP that comes with NW3 was planned to be used for NW, however since I didn't receive enough input in how the NW3 one plays, I am not so sure anymore.
The NW3 ZP is made from scratch btw, and I would perhaps dare to say that is by far more secure than the currently used ZP, since I don't rely in hiding code to make it secure (that's right, NW3 ZP is open source) and since it makes a ton of validations server-side and has support for plugins to further enhance that security (so even if an exploit is found, one can simply write 1 single class of code with just a few kb and put it as a server only mutator and the weapons will autobind to it and make further validations through that new code, and by being a server-side plugin, one can make that new code fully private if they so wish), but since I received zero input in how it plays out, I may not do it for NW.
This looks / sounds awesome.. I have not been able to successfully test it as yet because Skills Redirect or My config is causing UT to crash when downloading the NW3Core.u file.

I have tested locally and on server but others can-not join as the above crash happens, and trying to get them to download from here is a mission.

now; in regards to weapons etc I think some are great for different gametypes.. for example in DM I would make use of sniper/redeemer class one/two , maybe one or 2 others.

for siege , difinately the cybots / and redeemers

etc..

an idea as such to better promote this mod;

rather then replace std weapons with NW3 ones perhaps there could be an option to randomly spawn weapons/ammo (excluding nukes) on maps...?

re: Nukes maybe separate either randomly spawned or replace deemers on maps.. also because some of the nukes are just astronomical in blast-factor z .. somehow configure them to only utilize certain level nukes based on mapsize.. for example deck16-][ would be at most level 2.. but face could go upto the biggest one?

anyway based on this analogy players would slowly be introduced to new weapons whilst not losing the ones that they are already used to. The randomly spawn thing could be adjusted to either spawn multiple NW3 weapons all over the maps... or in one spot and rotate the weapons on a timer 30/60secs.. or something.

Great to see that you have made a new version of ZP and anything like this is always welcome.. I vote YES to making your version for NW's as well and this also I think will bring NW3 more into the limelight especially if your version is better (iam sure that it is) then the current buggy versions 103/pure/201 etc.

Having the ability to utilize different / better versions of this kind of technology can only lead to a longer lifespan of ut and allow us to continue playing it for years to come.

somethings maybe you can incorporate into a NW pack is ZP Combo Gib with all the bells and whistles that can't be done effectively atm. CiG is a very addictive gametype and very popular. However the ZP alternatives are not the best and require all-sorts of addons in order to perform like admins extension of wormbos original version. Add Grappling to it and shes stepped up another level , combine your Xloc and its moving forwards again.

^ perhaps something like this would on its own be wicked.
Quote:

Plus, there's this new thing called NewNet someone is developing and which looks promising, so probably that will make ZP obsolete anyway as far as NW is concerned.
Now heres something interesting , NewNet is based on Pure (net code) I think.. and what sets it aside is that it not only compensates for weapons ... but also for player movement.. <-- that is something that ZP does not do..

tim-.- explains here all of the things that it does and from what Ive tested , will send you a link to a server .. it is very impressive.

http://www.globalunreal.com/forums/v....php?f=4&t=309

anyway I will try to rectify the downloading problem ,... however I am having problems finding / using redirect file checkers/compressers..

and dread going through all of this atm.

Cheers

and as always , keep up the great work. You have done well indeed.