View Single Post
Unread 7th July, 2008, 12:43 AM
Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by adminthis View Post
Aha, but did you also try a truly clean (or "virgin", as you put it) installation of your server? Here is how to do it; after all we are testing, right?

Download the UT dedicated server for Windows v436 package [here]

Install it. Now you're left with the bare essentials to run your test server. It comes with a clean, sleek UnrealTournament.ini and a clean copy of RunServer.bat in the \System folder. Now let's create a new .bat file to run our server (or edit the existing RunServer.bat) and put this in:

Code:
@echo off
ucc server CTF-Face.unr?Game=Botpack.ctfgame?mutator=Botpack.InstaGibDM
What this will do is start your super clean server with just one mutator which is confirmed to work under normal conditions. The mutator we use is the Instagib mutator, so it should be immediately apparent if it's working or not. And it will work.

If this does not work, you now have 100% confirmation that it's a problem not caused by UT, but by an external factor. I couldn't image what it is, but you should definitely contact your hosting provider in that case (don't worry, it will work ).

Don't keep messing around, just perform this test for us and let us know the result. Thank you.

--

Alternatively you could navigate to your current server installation at D:\CHIUT99\System and rename the file Default.ini, which is a clean version of UnrealTournament.ini, to UnrealTournament.ini. Then simply create the .bat file I outlined and it should work all the same. If this fails, use the original test plan.. because it's much more failsafe. With this method you're still using your original installation which might be corrupted somehow for all we know
OK I will follow your advice.

But i have to say that I didn't use the version of 436 as you hve in your link. Maybe thats the problem. I used the standard version which is only 7.03 mgs in size. Did that on my home machine and than uploaded it to server and than I installed the 451b patch in server.

Anyway hope it works.

I'l let you kjnow later going seesome firewoks wth wife and kidas. a couple of hour