Thread: UTPG Update
View Single Post
Unread 28th March, 2005, 06:57 PM
Godlike

How many users use MAC OS to run UT99? Everyone is right in saying the balance should be struck - the most people playing in the best time, but the balance has been tipped in my opinion. I think this because 98% of UT99 owners are having to wait for a minority of users (in basic terms).

But they've started, they want to do it accross 3 operating systems so let them.

Quote:
Perhaps it's too harsh to say Epic has abandoned us entirely...
^ Don't think so. Epic abandonded us, but has kept full control of Unreal1 (engine) to squeeze every last bit of money out of it maybe? Do not know. Maybe Epic should abandon it completely, and declare it abandonware - thereby increasing the number of people who can work with the Unreal1 source for imporvements, for patches, for cheat protection?

Having said that, a fully released source for Unreal1 is mayhem with respect to cheat development I guess.

I wonder how many people worked on Unreal1 and the UT99 game. I'm sure its large. So take this number and compare it to the UTPG - a small collection of volenteers with working lives to lead outside of UT development. Then take into account they are basicaly readapting every bit of the the game; the engine, the netcode, the protocols...

They still have my respect for what they do.