View Single Post
Unread 17th July, 2012, 01:05 PM
Godlike

I spoke with paper, so I'm assuming it would be ok to post this here.

I sorted all the replication for the weapons as well as animations, etc. It's all good online (for playerpawn). There is one major weapon left to code and frankly there is some serious testing time needed to sort the bot's usage of the weapons. Each weapon has forced reloading and that's what is screwing the bots over. They use the pickup model and it has no anims. Once reload is called it causes the bots to lock up.

It's all fixable, I just never got to it. My main thrust was to finish the weaponry and make it all good online. All these other problems were on the to-do list but it was a lot of work for just one guy. The main objective was getting a playable server up to try to stir some interest so that's why things were partially done enough to work but not work perfectly. The mod was in dev for years and everyone thought it was dead in the water and paper wanted to show them it wasn't.

I built a DM HUD and SB but it needs to be extended into CTF and a HUD/SB built for that.

My guess is 6 months solo work if you stab at it in free time, 4 months if you work like you usually do. I made a server backup of the demo and also the test server if you want it, though it's pretty easy to set one up yourself. I built a replacement mutator for all weapons/pickups to use as a test base so any DM map and a vanilla server will do.

I'm off this weekend, let me know when/where and we can bullshit like old times.