View Single Post
Unread 15th June, 2006, 10:21 AM
Rampage

Default The bUseFWS setting in pure7G

After setting up a server yesterday i got a bit puzzeled over this setting,
as it from the name hints that it will or no allow FWS - as i can see its not
really the point. Seems it makes equal fast switch between weapons for all
players without dropping the weapon? huh mostly puzzeled cuz FWS is to most here know to be the fast switch you can get by dropping a weapon.

Sencondly there are no documentation for the command and it gets even more puzzeling cuz if the setting is condition TRUE players can individually change FWS true/false with "mutate FWS" huh again
While if server ini has it to false its locked from individual changing the setting.

Did some more test after discovering this and seems there are no real changes in it as you can shoot the sec you drop a weapon and get a new - but since the anti FWS are as far as i can tell build into the pure part it takes two times punching your drop weaponkey before the drop happens and dropping more weapons at once will be delayed significantly, plus some serious lag in the weapons animations - i really dont see how this improve anything as in TDM you often drop weapons to teammates that just respawned - but well thats an old discussion, still messes a lot with the general gameplay in TDM.

Anyone or TNSe can expand this a bit? thx