View Single Post
Unread 4th March, 2007, 05:27 PM
Godlike

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLTicklemonster View Post
Piley, there are no right or wrong answers here. While one would suppose that, seeing as this is a known issue, this would have been resolved by now, on might also wonder who would be the one to correct it, the authors of Pure, or the authors of the jets. With my limited abilities, I attempted a fix, and while the concept I had was good (in my opinion) I was unable to implement it. Then I come to find out that I was on the wrong path all along. What I last heard about all this was that the actual vehicle itself was of the wrong class to be accepted by pure as being used for what it is used for. (someone correct me?)

IMO, what needs to be done is a new class needs to be created specifically for the jets that falls along the lines of perhaps a tournament weapon, not a decoration or whatever it currently is.

The scripting for the jets is soooooo complicated that I never have gotten a chance to ever get it to fully work. Every time I've ever attempted to compile it, I get errors that just do not make sense.

A total rewrite of the code is the best chance for this to work, either of pure or of the jets themselves.

For that, someone who knows way more than I do will have to tackle this. My suggestion would be either Henryhouse or BlackCheetah. Yeah, BlackCheetah, the 15 year old kid everyone gets annoyed with. He's a freaking codal savant, and way underappreciated.

Whoa!

Ok, fair enough.

Im gonna look into how to disable PURE for some maps. I heard it can be done?

Appreciate the reply

Piley