View Single Post
Unread 23rd May, 2010, 11:26 PM
Dominating

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrealplayer View Post
Every server I have played on that runs ACE is almost unplayable. Skipping, Skating, frameloss, Lag, timeouts being kicked for running older versions of opengl drivers and the list goes on.
I don't know, man. You definitely made it sound like it was you having issues. And I do and have visited other clan forums including WINGS. Out of the few posts I have found on there regarding ACE, it was the same 4 people complaining about it so I'm still at a loss as to where this huge group of people having issues is.

The startup lag is normal. I've always experienced startup lag no matter which AC was being used. That's just a fact of the game. In the end, it was whiners that wanted to see proof that something was actually being developed that got a beta released too early. I'm one of those admins that has chosen to wait for the official release because I do feel the same way you do in that respect, but at the same time, I have also noticed great improvement in performance with it over UTDC and would have come and asked how to fix it if I did have problems instead of just flying in slamming people who are dedicating their time to save a 10 year old game. In the end, I think everyone is saying the same thing: be patient because it's on it's way.

~Johnny Jones