View Single Post
Unread 2nd April, 2008, 09:22 PM
Dominating

To enable reboot the server with the last played map make sure both 'Enable Nexgen boot control' and 'Restart game on last map' are checked (don't forget to hit save). If the 'Restart game on last map' feature is enabled the other settings, such as map prefix, are ignored. Nexgen simply restarts the server with the same 'launch url' as the last game.

Nexgen does not kick/disconnect players without a message. The only way this can happen is when there was a timeout when nexgen is trying to login a new player/spectator. This however can only happen in the first 30 seconds after you just joined the server (the timeout is 30 sec).

Frag recovery is already implemented in the NexgenX plugin. If you are using this plugin and it isn't working let me know. Note however it will only save the player's score and doesn't store custom stats like those of SmartCTF. The reason for this is that support for these kind of stats can't be added without making the plugin dependent on these mods. And of course you don't wish to install SmartCTF on your server if you only host DM games. If you wish to save these stats as well you'll have to make a plugin for it. I've already made a special Nexgen plugin that is specifically designed for my server that has support for SmartCTF stats recovery. I'll be happy to share the code if you're interested.