View Single Post
Unread 8th September, 2006, 08:40 AM
Holy Shit!!

Azura,
VERY well written and to the point.
This is exectly what many have been trying to get across to the community while Epic has been activly blocking any discussion on the subject.
Less then a year ago, I had 6 servers running with 2 of them full nearly all the time.
Now I am down to 2, which are nearly empty, and will probobly be taking another down as there is just no reason to keep them running when there are no players using them.
Also, I had to stop accepting any UTAN bans other then my own as I could not in good faith block players who, in my opinion, where banned unfairly due to having thier CD/GUID stolen. This greatly diminished the usefulness of UTAN as now even the confirmed cheaters are allowed to play.
A problem I see with the current situation, is it seems like they would rather ban 100 innocent players if it caught 1 single real cheater, while it should be the other way around. It is not acceptable to ban an innocent player because he "might" be cheating or his key "might" be used again.
I said it in another forum and I will say it here, Epic and UTAN may not want to, but they are BOTH working WITH the cheaters/key stealers and are not helping matters in the least, only causing more problems for the legitimate players. BFH wanted to show that the system is flawed, and sorry to say, he has done an execllent job of proving his point. At this point in time, the cheaters have won a clear victory over both UTAN and Epic.