View Single Post
Unread 13th July, 2013, 05:18 AM
Holy Shit!!

Just like all the files attached to all the posts in this forum not so long ago :\
is anywhere really safe from loosing files ?..... let alone entire sites/repositories?..

Media-fire is not too bad

50GB+ and easy to use..
^as good as any .. I say.

could some0ne please backup this (site) in case of such things..[like have a redundancy somewhere else] also if theres someone knowledgeable/and in capable enough to find any/all files that were lost many moons ago from here that would be a bonus.. where does vb (whatever version this is) actually store all client uploads? ./uploads folder?

if it is a case of just the database being corrupted and non recoverable.. then I would assume that only the actual 'links' to the files were scattered in the DB.. therefore any/all uploads should be in a folder .. unless manually removed or overwritten some how.. I don't think any system / bb / forums store any files inside of DB tbh.. and therefore they are likely to be just sitting there waiting to be relinked or Newly linked through some other Fileshare service..

so if they are all in ./downloads then perhaps a free simple php script could be setup with links to all files/folders within the path..
I'll see if I can look into this as some point..

Last edited by back4more : 13th July, 2013 at 05:27 AM.