View Single Post
Unread 4th December, 2002, 04:39 AM
Forum Newcomer

It's really easier than a q3 server once you figure out the nomenclature. I'm NOT going to give a sample .ini file because it's not necessary. The changes are so minimal until you get your webadmin working, there's no point. The .bat file you need to create follows below as well:

1. I'm going to assume that you have the game or at least the free server files, and that you have patched the game and that you have d/led and installed evolution.zip. If you have not, install them IN THAT ORDER!... game.... patch... evolution.

2. Configure server.bat file (in UT/system folder) like this, as an example:
@echo off
:10
ucc server DM-TokaraForest.ut2?game=xGame.xDeathmatch?AccessCont rol=XAdmin.AccessControlIni ini=UT2003.ini log=server.log
copy server.log servercrash.log
goto 10

With that, the game is going to be deathmatch running TokaraForest. If you were to click on your server.bat file with the values above, you have created a deathmatch game running and visible on the Internet.

3. To enable WebAdmin, which is the easiest way to get all the housekeeping things done to your server (name of server, fraglimit, map rotation, etc.) open UT2003.ini and make sure these THREE steps are taken: The first two, under [UWebAdmin] section I believe or a section similar to that, you need to change to this:
bWebEnable=True
ListenPort=80
You might have to even add ListenPort value, I think it's absent in a default config.
The last step is in the [Engine.GameInfo] section, make sure AccessControlClass=XAdmin.AccessControlIni .

Now save that file and start your Server.bat again. Your server is running again AND WebAdmin is ready to work.

4. To administer WebAdmin:
Open up a browser window and type in:
http://xxx.xxx.xx.xx where x = your server ip
(In the tutorial, it says to also follow up with the port number of your server. This is not correct. With a single server running, it will hit a 404)

Once you hit enter after you type in your ip, a user/pass box will pop up. Type in Admin for both user and password (case sensitive!).
Boom, you should be in the webadmin now, and can now configure your server on the fly and restart your server.

5. Mutators
These are command line features or must be manually added into the ini files. I don't use these, so I can't help you much there. But I have helped you set up a basic server with webadmin support!