View Single Post
Unread 9th March, 2010, 05:27 PM
Godlike

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquis103 View Post
... OS is Windows XP SP3. ... The setup is exactly the same as 5 years ago...
Well, there's very little about XP that's exactly the same after applying SP3, which only came out 2 years ago this April.

Ok, enough generalities.

Can I assume you are running the server "Non-Dedicated"? That is - You see the game on the laptop screen. If this is so, please try running the game in Dedicated mode. [It will reduce itself to an Icon on the system tray] You will need to have someone else test for lag and report back to you.

You could also try raising the priority of the Unrealtournament.exe task one notch to "Above Normal" using the Task Manager interface. Try this in both Dedicated and Non-Dedicated modes.

You could try the "Tick-Fix" mod, but I doubt it will do anything about your problem. Note: Be sure to remove it if it doesn't help.

Please report those answers.

One other thing.... Please look for things running in the background. IM tools, Magic Jack, email, stuff like that. Turn all that stuff off while serving the game. I find it suspicious that TaskManager shows no other tasks taking CPU cycles from the game every 5 seconds.

Note: In Dedicated mode the game will not take 100% of available CPU unless many players are in.

Last edited by 50BMG : 9th March, 2010 at 06:00 PM.