View Single Post
Unread 14th December, 2013, 03:43 AM
Banned

yeah so you learned about arranging mutators in the serverpackages line too. many people think i am just being anal when i arrange my mods a certain way.

but not shitting you, if you do it right...you end up with the smoothest server of them all...

i'm sure you know. it took me a long time to convince a fellow admin of the merits of arranging mods properly-[ARC]ZENA, we have all kinds of chats about optimization, mod chaining, mapvote configs, other mods, etc-often enough.

don't forget to let them know, when they make mods, to try doing things differently if it seems to lag or perform poorly (skip effects, etc) the first time around. for example, huds don't like black, its on the "masked" colours palette, so when people us it for scopes, its a nono, try using an off blue or some other color, darken if needed...and maybe try some transparency on it...its a hud afterall.

done adding my two cents. i hope it helps. peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feralidragon View Post
The thing is, without wanting to rant, many of those mods break the mutator chain in some way or modify the damage types in some way, and those affect how my mod behaves.
I suggest you to perhaps make the gore mod to be loaded first relative all the mods (except ACE and a few others perhaps), since the chains in mine are fully kept (as any mutator should be) and thus everything will keep working as they should.

That might or not fix the headshot problem, but perhaps is worth a try.