Unread 7th February, 2013, 11:29 AM
Dominating

Well, that escalated quickly

@NW3 combogib: yes.
@Standard combogib: perhaps.
@Standard ZP: perhaps.
@Team colored insta: very likely.
@Spam control: yes.
@optional skins: NW3 has already the possibility to customize the skins of the hands which hold the weapon, as well as other few things, and this was thought mostly for unique customization by clans or/and communities, but it remains unused (probably due to the lack of docs).
@Bolts: no, the bolt will fire bolts, standard would fire standard (if the new ZP is implemented), I don't see any reason to mix them up tbh.

@Player movement correction: no, it's not as straightforward as you may think, there are many variables to consider in something like this, engine ones and server-client architecture ones. It's like reinventing replication for movement.

@Swinging thing: I implemented "rope physics" in NW3 final for a few things, but I made it for client-side effects only just to see things hanging in a realistic way (and which you can interact with). But making it work for online play would be a bit like the player movement correction: I would have to handle all the replication myself and consider every possible thing, so this is another "no".
It was already hard to manage the movement of the graviton beam (which has elastic physics) for the same reasons, and even so is far from perfect as it gets out of sync with the server rather often, specially on high pings.

Nali Weapons 3 | Community UT mods