You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > Wormbos Area > General Chat

Unread 24th January, 2012, 03:47 PM
Forum Newcomer

Default AntiTCC Insecure Client problem/question

I am playing on a server hosted at my home town from time to time because the connection is great, and I've never had any problems there, but a couple of days ago I got an AntiTCC message while playing:
[2012-01-19 00:45:58] [INSECURE CLIENT] Ghost failed an integrity check! (Player slot exploit detected) (this is taken from the log)
The admin of the server used this as a reason to blacklist me because he decided I am probably using some sort of hack, which I am not. I haven't installed any add-ons, mutators etc to UT2004, and I have bought the game (instead of pirating it), so I have a key. Can you explain to me what the problem is and how I can prove my innocence?
As a bit of an additional information I'd like to add that I have never had any problems on the other servers I've played (all of them have AntiTCC isntalled as well). Also, at the time I got that message, the admin was testing some mutator that takes screenshots from time to time, which made the game incredibly laggy and glitchy, especially a couple of seconds after the screenshot was taken (it was not supposed to do that if properly set-up, but he was still figuring it out). He also said that 2 of the screenshots that were taken by that mutator were black, but I have an nVidia video card, and he mentioned that might have been the problem.
I hope that I am posting this in the right forum section and that you can help me. Accusations like that upset me, I want to play the game and enjoy it, instead of getting told I'm a hacker every time I hit a person more than twice in a row...
Thanks in advance!
Unread 25th January, 2012, 11:44 AM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retarded_Bunny View Post
I am playing on a server hosted at my home town from time to time because the connection is great, and I've never had any problems there, but a couple of days ago I got an AntiTCC message while playing:
[2012-01-19 00:45:58] [INSECURE CLIENT] Ghost failed an integrity check! (Player slot exploit detected) (this is taken from the log)
The admin of the server used this as a reason to blacklist me because he decided I am probably using some sort of hack, which I am not. I haven't installed any add-ons, mutators etc to UT2004, and I have bought the game (instead of pirating it), so I have a key. Can you explain to me what the problem is and how I can prove my innocence?
As a bit of an additional information I'd like to add that I have never had any problems on the other servers I've played (all of them have AntiTCC isntalled as well). Also, at the time I got that message, the admin was testing some mutator that takes screenshots from time to time, which made the game incredibly laggy and glitchy, especially a couple of seconds after the screenshot was taken (it was not supposed to do that if properly set-up, but he was still figuring it out). He also said that 2 of the screenshots that were taken by that mutator were black, but I have an nVidia video card, and he mentioned that might have been the problem.
I hope that I am posting this in the right forum section and that you can help me. Accusations like that upset me, I want to play the game and enjoy it, instead of getting told I'm a hacker every time I hit a person more than twice in a row...
Thanks in advance!
I have no idea about it,but it seems to me the admin should have legit proof that you are cheating before he even bans you.And if he was tesing something then prob more players would have had the same results.Then if that is the case,it prob was his own doing to get those logs.But maybe some pro can explain better.
Unread 28th January, 2012, 12:10 PM
Forum Newcomer

bump!
Unread 11th April, 2013, 08:13 PM
out of order

Whoops, missed this one. Oh well, better (very) late than never.
If the screenshot sender made the game lag for you and you tried to become a spectator (maybe clicked it multiple times), then that might explain the problem. The game really sucks at validating switches between spectator and player mode, so if you become a spectator (or player) while you already are, the game converts player slots into spectator slots or vice versa. Anti TCC detects that and blames it on the last player to switch modes, which is the correct behavior. However, this assumes that the game is in a normal state, i.e. not enough lag to be able to activate the same mode switching multiple times manually.