You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > Wormbos Area > General Chat

Unread 19th April, 2010, 09:14 AM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormbo View Post
I only really test against standard UT2004 as I don't play stuff like UTComp or TAM. And I'm pretty sure I told you to tell me what mods (the complete list, including versions if possible) were running on the server when you experienced the problem. I won't play guessing games in that area and thus can't reproduce bugs that only happen in combination with stuff I don't use.
This is not something random, there are 9 post alone in this thread about demos not recording correctly. So it should not be that hard to recreate it,
I my self have tried a clean server without any mods and in all game types on three deferent machines and it does it as long a AntiTcc is loaded.
Without AntiTCC it records demos normal.
Like I said though I just use utvote to record demos it seems to work fine with AntiTcc loaded.
I really only use AntiTCC for the MD5 scanning anyway works better then samegame.
Unread 23rd April, 2010, 08:56 AM
Godlike

Quote:
Originally Posted by wOOdy_OG View Post
This is not something random, there are 9 post alone in this thread about demos not recording correctly. So it should not be that hard to recreate it,
I my self have tried a clean server without any mods and in all game types on three deferent machines and it does it as long a AntiTcc is loaded.
Without AntiTCC it records demos normal.
Like I said though I just use utvote to record demos it seems to work fine with AntiTcc loaded.
I really only use AntiTCC for the MD5 scanning anyway works better then samegame.
Although safegame can be a real resource hog, the static checks it performs (MD5 and such) detect a lot more than AntiTCC.
Unread 8th May, 2010, 08:43 PM
Forum Newcomer

Hi,
I run a TeamArenaMaster and Freon server that is somewhat populated.
I have heard many complaints about someone who shoots tank shells and redeemers in game. When he is killed, he goes to a frozen state but he can still move and shoot. Even if the game type is TAM, he still can show up frozen. Friends have tried to kick vote him off our server but they say he disconnects and comes back and you can't vote anymore.
I was wondering if you have heard about this and if any fix can be made to stop it.
Unread 8th May, 2010, 11:07 PM
Killing Spree

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayuncle View Post
Hi,
I run a TeamArenaMaster and Freon server that is somewhat populated.
I have heard many complaints about someone who shoots tank shells and redeemers in game. When he is killed, he goes to a frozen state but he can still move and shoot. Even if the game type is TAM, he still can show up frozen. Friends have tried to kick vote him off our server but they say he disconnects and comes back and you can't vote anymore.
I was wondering if you have heard about this and if any fix can be made to stop it.
I have not heard about this particular fellow, but I know of a fix.

Ban his sorry ass on your server.

Have your "friends" note what time/map he is on and his name, check your server logs
and add his IP and GUID to the ban section.

Unread 9th May, 2010, 08:27 AM
out of order

That sounds like a vulnerability in one of your mods. I won't claim Anti TCC is secure in that regard (those have far more time to find loopholes than I do), but let me put it this way: The 3SPN mod had the biggest exploited security hole in it that I've ever seen, one you could use to take control of the entire server. While it has been rewritten from scratch since then, there's no guarantee they didn't leave another gapping hole like that.

I'm not saying it's TAM, though. It could be any mod on your server. Like Carpe said: If you can't figure it out, at least make sure you keep that per4son out of your server. (Did you piss anyone off or why are you attracting people like that?)
Unread 12th May, 2010, 06:05 AM
Killing Spree

Quote:
Originally Posted by somemate View Post
Hi again
Found this a little while ago and was wondering if it could be a false positive?
Could this be caused by a poor connection, e.g. high ping and heavy packet loss etc?

Code:
[2009-11-16 20:06:56] - [INSECURE CLIENT] ****** [ ****** ] IP: ****** Security ID: 9 using v3369, security state: PerformingMD5Checks
[2009-11-16 20:06:56] -      Anti TCC integrity violation: Player slot exploit detected
[2009-11-16 20:06:57] - [INSECURE CLIENT] ****** [ ****** ] IP: ****** Security ID: 9 using v3369, security state: RequestClientPackages
[2009-11-16 20:06:57] -      Anti TCC integrity violation: Player slot exploit detected
[2009-11-16 20:06:57] - [INSECURE CLIENT] ****** [ ****** ] IP: ****** Security ID: 9 using v3369, security state: RequestClientPackages
[2009-11-16 20:06:57] -      Anti TCC integrity violation: Player slot exploit detected
Thanks!
Hey Worm,

We had one of these tonight. From a long time player I might add (ie, trusted).

What exactly is it ?
Unread 12th May, 2010, 12:37 PM
out of order

The player/spectator slot exploits converts player slots to spectator slots or the other way around. Let's say your server has 10 player slots and 2 spectator slots. A malicious player could use the exploit to take up additional player slots, while freeing spectator slots beyond the configured limit of 2. On the other hand, a spectator could use the exploit to take up spectator slots, while making room for more players.

This should be quite hard to trigger by accident. The mid-game menu closes immediately if you click any of the join/spectate buttons. I just found that Anti TCC itself has one unchecked condition that might cause this in rare cases, but if the player is a regular, he is unlikely to trigger it.
Unread 16th May, 2010, 02:08 AM
Dominating

that xDemic guy is taking over unreal tournamentz

YARR!
Unread 22nd May, 2010, 03:48 PM
Killing Spree

quick question, hopefully a quick answer is in the offing...

Due to some players out there with *cough*old p.o.s. PC's*cough* they come into the game
(in this case Freon) before AntiTCC has finished. Or I think it is AntiTCC, maybe they are
still loading up the the regular startup ? Console shows "Verifying Core, Xengine, AntiTCC, etc
etc. then pauses for a while at "Verifying classes".

It all ends with the "You have been validated successfully".

Is there a way to keep a person out of the game entirely until AFTER they have
been validated ? While this may be a general question, I'm thinking it is AntiTCC running
it's checks on the clients packages and such.

I tried setting "bDelayLateJoin" to True, but doesn't seem to do it.

tia.
Unread 1st June, 2010, 05:53 PM
Forum Newcomer

Thumbs up

Firstly, Wormbo, I should have come here a long time ago, and thanked you for all your efforts with regards to Antitcc, down through the years. We've sucessfully run this on our server and it's a great piece of code.

I do have a question for you if you don't mind. I recently upgraded the antitcc on our server to version 6, and have been having a small issue. I want to turn off the ability for a client to retrieve other client ids. I've changed the setting in the server ini, but these changes don't seem to hold, nor do they reflect on the web console. Also if I try and disable in webconsole it tells me I don't have permission to do so.

Any ideas?

Once again, thanks for all the time and effort you've put in, it's much appreciated.
Unread 31st December, 2010, 02:49 PM
Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormbo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayuncle View Post
Hey Wormbo,

I have a few problems. A few people have been getting these messages, but not kicked by AntiTCC regardless of my kick settings.

[2010-01-28 21:40:41] - [INSECURE CLIENT] ******** [ 5bff96********* ] IP: ********** Security ID: 3 using unknown engine version, security state: StartUp
[2010-01-28 21:40:41] - Anti TCC integrity violation: Bad yyServerCheckModifiedMenuPage parameter
[2010-01-28 21:40:41] - (Maybe crash attempt?) Parameter: •³¦0¶2«·´±2€XGame.JuggMaleVoice
[/php]
That looks strange.
It's part of a cheat. From another forum, there is a known hacker within the community who admitted this tcc catch is due to his modded engine who he gave out to someone he thought he trusted, who in turn has given it to someone else. A person who was recently caught with this same tcc message on a popular tam server just so happens to be friends with the guy on his xfire as well. Not sure if any of this information is useful to you or whether TCC has reached end-of-life in development but I thought I'd atleast give you a heads up about it.
Unread 20th January, 2011, 05:04 AM
Forum Newcomer

How to struggle with it?
cT-Framework v1.4

Last edited by Vova_n : 20th January, 2011 at 05:29 AM.
Unread 27th March, 2011, 05:49 PM
out of order

[edit]
nvm.

Last edited by Wormbo : 29th March, 2011 at 09:08 PM.
Unread 7th February, 2012, 06:09 AM
Killing Spree

Wormie,

Code:
Bad yyServerCheckModifiedMenuPage parameter
What exactly does this mean ? Should I be concerned if a client is triggering it ?
Unread 16th February, 2012, 08:02 PM
out of order

It means the client configured one of the menu classes (music menu, waiting game menu, chat menu, etc.) with some invalid class name. Earlier engine versions could crash on certain invalid class names, though that no longer happens. Anti TCC is relatively restrictive here and weird package names could trigger this if they contain code. This is particularly true for maps with fancy file names and embedded custom weapons, vehicles, etc.
Unread 31st December, 2012, 04:21 PM
Forum Newcomer

wormbo is it possible for u to do a conversion of antitcc for the killing floor game.
Unread 31st December, 2012, 04:26 PM
out of order

No.