You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament > UT Server - Windows Specific

Unread 29th April, 2003, 12:54 AM
Holy Shit!!

Hi all. You may be wondering what this post is doing on a forum dedicated to UT servers. Please read on .

I hope to get in touch with someone who has a lot of experience with UT servers and INI settings. I have a project which will consist in making a video of an tournament that occured on UT Demo (yes, you read that correctly, this is with version 3.48 of the demo with it's old cranky and outdated engine). The reason I want to get in touch with someone who is knowledgeable aout servers and ini settings is because I want to know what options are open to me and I know for a fact that UT demo play back has something in common with a running UT server.

Since MovieUnreal isn't compatible with UT Demo, I am currently experimenting with a piece of software called Fraps ( http://www.fraps.com/ ). Unfortunately, I am getting strange side effects such as jerky movement when a player is flying in low gravity during the capturing process. I'm not sure what causes this. My current configuration is as follows :

Windows 2000
Athlon XP 1800+
MSI KT3 Ultra ARU
512 MB PC2700 DDR-SDRAM
Abit GF4Ti4200
2 x WD1200 (RAID 0)

I have looked at unrealtournament.ini for any relevant settings :

[Engine.DemoRecDriver]
DemoSpectatorClass=Botpack.CHSpectator
MaxClientRate=25000
ConnectionTimeout=15.0
InitialConnectTimeout=500.0
AckTimeout=1.0
KeepAliveTime=1.0
SimLatency=0
RelevantTimeout=5.0
SpawnPrioritySeconds=1.0
ServerTravelPause=4.0
NetServerMaxTickRate=60
LanServerMaxTickRate=60

How would these settings affect demo playback ? I have noticed that modifying the Tick rate influences the playback speed of the demo recording but that's about all. Could there be any other settings that affect the fluidity of playback ?

Thanks you in advance for all your suggestions,
Fearless.