You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament 2003/2004 > UT2003/4 Server - Windows Specific

Unread 7th July, 2004, 10:55 PM
Forum Newcomer

Unhappy ****CONNECTION LOST - NEED HELP WITH UDP INFO

Hi,
I have a DrayTek vigor 2600we (http://www.draytek.com.au/products/Vigor2600.htm) and after much trouble have found unreal tournament 2004 needs me to open port 7777-7779 and 27902 (i can get away with just port 7777-7778 but the map details disappear and reappear ever 1-2 seconds do you think that would be why). But after that people still cant join.

I have opened these ports but the router wont allow me or outside players to join any games unless i go into DOS Defence setup and disable the option for UDP FLOOD DEFENSE (Its original settings were 300 Packet/second and timeout was 10 seconds). I Have put the threshold up to 4000 packet/sec with timeout 10 seconds, but it still wont work like this. At this stage I have to disable this feature completely, could someone please suggest the best way I can secure my system from threats/attacks/etc and still be able to play Unreal Tornament 2004 and allow people to connect to me.

& if anyone knows how many packets per second UT2004 uses could you please tell me

Could some one please please help me
ive been trying to get all this to work for over a month now.

thanks, mark
Unread 16th July, 2004, 03:52 PM
Forum Newcomer

Mark

I had the map details disappearing and reappearing thing - it was caused after I applied the latest game patch, but had already added a patch for a nocd key - I reinstalled the game and patch and that fixed it.
The only ports you absolutely need are 7777 and 7778.
As for the DOS - I'd disable it - do you think you might be at risk from a DOS attacK?
You can always re-enable it after you've finished hosting.
Unread 16th July, 2004, 10:33 PM
Rampage

Just use port forwarding the Server will then appear to run outside the router when it is actually still behind it. That way you will show a ping on the master server list and the IP will come up as the routers.
Unread 17th July, 2004, 12:06 AM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
could someone please suggest the best way I can secure my system from threats/attacks/etc and still be able to play Unreal Tornament 2004 and allow people to connect to me.
Use a non=standard port, like 7877. That will greatly lower your chances of a DDOS attack (which is slim anyways)