You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTPure > UTPure - Client Side Hack Protection > General Anti-Cheat Discussion

Unread 5th June, 2003, 04:02 AM
¤KR¤AcidSlam

Ive got some demos of some wars where all of my set work. I have all the required files because ive watched them all. Another clan member sent me his demos of the same games and all of his work too.

However every other clan members demos from the exact same matches (which obviously require the exact same files) refuse to load if i use demo manager. I can load them via the console but the skins of all players are ****ed, the error demo manager gives me is that some files are outdated and may give semi corrupt playback, could it be pure causing this problem? the pure in question is 6b, ive deleted all the files and got them again and still only 2 sets of demos will work.

My demos are from the original UT cd's, and the other ones that work were recorded on a GOTY install, so i cant see how that could cause any problems, ive also tried cd 2 textures but i still get the same error.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this? its well ****ing annoying as im trying to make a small clan movie of a league we won. Any help appreciated.
Unread 5th June, 2003, 07:28 AM
pizzaboy79

my opinion is i doubt it's PURE. either they're running client-side mods or in other words could be cheats, or they running on a different version of UT. IE: someone's on 432 , someone's on 436, or someone's upped to 440(which you shouldn't do, only server). i can't think of anything else that could cause it at the moment.
Unread 5th June, 2003, 09:44 AM
LeeBe

we had the same problem with people recording from different versions of demo manager.

you could try this tool. UT demo watcher

http://home.arcor.de/slaven/jpg/y/utdw.zip

It worked for us and plays all different demo versions.
Unread 5th June, 2003, 11:35 AM
TNSe

The problem is not pure.

Usual causes for this problem:

1: Difference in code files.
2: Difference in texture files.
3: Difference in map files.
4: Difference in UT version.

Only way to be certain it will play back perfectly is by having a complete copy of his install, and not even that will always work correctly.

Common problematic files:
1: Relics.u
2: EpicCustomModels.u
3: CD2 textures

There are more as well, but these are usually the reasons for the problems you mentioned.
Unread 5th June, 2003, 01:15 PM
¤KR¤AcidSlam

Thanks for the suggestions, i'll try some of them (i completely forgot about the problems relics can cause i have 2 or 3 versions of it as well).