You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Front Page > News > UnrealAdmin.org > UT

Unread 28th September, 2012, 07:04 AM
Godlike

Oh great Feralidragon.....

While we wait....

In NW2 you can right click the Nukes and homing and time options appear.
I have never fully understood how it works? Can you explain please?

Thanks
Piley
Unread 28th September, 2012, 10:04 AM
Dominating

It's one of the worse weapon features I ever did (it has been discarded in NW3 btw, instead you can guide the nuke, with the addition of certain HUD elements like orientation and altitude).
Anyway, as for that, it was supposed to make you able to setup a homing point in the map, and a delay (in seconds) where it would start to actually seek the homing point.
So, first you set the point itself, then you select the delay.

The effect is something similar to this (fanmade video a long time ago):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAxYlYce49c

When I developed that feature I was thinking in shooting a nuke and surprise the enemy once the nuke suddenly turned elsewhere, but it ended up being useless.

Nali Weapons 3 | Community UT mods

Last edited by Feralidragon : 28th September, 2012 at 10:07 AM.
Unread 30th September, 2012, 07:34 AM
Godlike

Thank you for the explanation.
Not a bad idea but I think guided nukes are better as you say

Happy October (soon!).
Unread 3rd October, 2012, 12:59 AM
Dominating

Hopefully October may be a good month indeed
(or so I hope, I am honestly tired of keeping delaying and delaying this, but thanks to a holiday this week I may be able to boost development severally).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In another new, the survey I posted here closed (as it had already been started before somewhere else), and therefore it's time to show my last cards before actual release (by most voted):
- Nali weapons history;
- Hands new skins;
- UltimaProtos nuke;
- Nuclear warning mutator;
- Weapon locker;
- Body armor skin improvement;
- Nuclear level 3.

Just 2 (important) features left (ZP and a few MH things), then beta, then finally public release.

Last edited by Feralidragon : 3rd October, 2012 at 01:03 AM.
Unread 1st November, 2012, 02:43 AM
Dominating

02-Nov-2012

Unread 1st November, 2012, 09:25 AM
Godlike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feralidragon View Post
02-Nov-2012
WOOOHOOOOO!
Unread 2nd November, 2012, 09:11 PM
Dominating

...wake me up when november ends ...
Unread 2nd November, 2012, 11:09 PM
Dominating

MH server already up, check unreal://81.68.211.23:1777

We do nerd around!
Unread 3rd November, 2012, 01:12 PM
Dominating

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggi View Post
...wake me up when november ends ...
Sorry but, it's released now. I didn't post yet because the moddb staff only approved the files at 6:00AM of today, and so far it seems that sometimes a gamefront link appears some times but it isn't working yet (gamefront's fault).

Well, preparing the news for this site and also many others for when the gamefront link actually works fine...

In case someone wants to check already in the meanwhile:

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8LFpo0gDkU

Download: http://www.moddb.com/mods/nali-weapons-3/downloads

EDIT: Well, news posted, hopefully one of the admins will approve it.

Last edited by Feralidragon : 3rd November, 2012 at 05:03 PM.
Unread 13th December, 2013, 02:23 PM
Banned

-------------

Last edited by destroyer44 : 14th December, 2013 at 02:57 AM.
Unread 13th December, 2013, 04:34 PM
Dominating

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer44 View Post

the level of harassment i went through over at HOF forums was simply disgusting.
This is the last time I will ever reply to you on anything, so read carefully:

ha•rass•ment (həˈræs mənt, ˈhær əs-)
n.
1. the act of harassing.
2. the fact of being harassed.

ha·rass (h-rs, hrs)
tr.v. ha·rassed, ha·rass·ing, ha·rass·es
1. To irritate or torment persistently.
2. To wear out; exhaust.
3. To impede and exhaust (an enemy) by repeated attacks or raids.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/harassment
Read that, rewind back to everything you made so far, and tell me who's harassing who.

You obviously suffer from some sort of mental illness, trauma or drug abuse problem, and I don't mean this in an insulting way even because such kind of illness isn't something to joke about (even because I know people in RL with such problems too, one of them is a great kid actually). And I don't say this just because of the fact that you have been actively harassing me for years already, but also because you're clearly showing yourself off (in the youtube channel you advertise so eloquently) as a conspiracy lunatic and an extremely racist person (which is actually consistent to what you have been saying and doing in the UT side).
For me, it's hard to understand how can such a hateful arrogant egocentric racist person exist, and perhaps due to my faith in humanity all there's left for me to conclude is that there's something seriously wrong with your mental health.

So please go look for help, if you're a minor it's clear that your parents aren't doing their job properly, if you're grown up you should at least understand basic concepts such as respect for other people and what "harassment" actually means.

The first thing you have to realize however before all is: no one gives a damn about you.
I mean it. I had forgotten about you already tons of times, but you eventually kept reminding me about your existence when you tried to send me messages, and I just ignored all of them because I really didn't care, then some time passes and I forget about you again, until you send me a message out of nowhere again.

Since your main focus seems to somewhat to try to prove yourself as a better developer than all of us, let me be clear: I don't care.
Although you only talk and didn't really make anything other than stealing other people and make a few changes here and there, even if you did the best thing ever and you were considered the leetest of developers, I still wouldn't give a damn at all.

Furthermore, I left the jets stuff several years ago (4+), and the only thing I did on them was simply adding a new look and a couple of new features, that's all, and it's not something that I have any pride on (to the point that I don't even help anyone anymore in setting up a venom server for a long time already) and I even offered it to you so you could mess around with it all you wanted back then, and the code is the same as the rest, so as you can see I have no reason at all to care either about you or jets or anything like that.

I hope that's clear. I am sure you will still keep at it and trying to prove something and harassing me and badmouthing wherever you can, but at least I tried to make everything clear one last time.
I banned you from ut99.org because you simply didn't stop your hate posts, and it was the rest of the community who actually started to wonder why I didn't ban you sooner from there, so any "influence" you claim for me to have anywhere is pure bs, you're just digging yourself a deeper hole, and fact is that no one needs to do or say anything for you to keep digging, so in the end you're just wasting your life in absolute nonsense.

Last edited by Feralidragon : 13th December, 2013 at 04:42 PM.
Unread 13th December, 2013, 05:36 PM
Banned

-----------

Unread 13th December, 2013, 06:01 PM
Dominating

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother... but on the bright side, if anything I hope you at least honor your word this time about leaving me alone for good.
Other than that, do whatever you want, develop whatever you want, I really don't care. Bye bye

Last edited by Feralidragon : 13th December, 2013 at 06:05 PM.
Unread 13th December, 2013, 06:43 PM
Banned

--------------

Quote:
Sometimes I wonder why I even bother... but on the bright side, if anything I hope you at least honor your word this time about leaving me alone for good.
Other than that, do whatever you want, develop whatever you want, I really don't care. Bye bye

Unread 13th December, 2013, 07:05 PM
Banned

-------

Unread 14th December, 2013, 05:38 AM
out of order

Unread 14th December, 2013, 10:38 AM
Banned

wow man...thats alot of work.

Quote:
I don't take it as disrespect as long as I know the person is being honest and not simply trolling or taking a dump at it. I value honesty, problem is people are many times afraid of talking, and others just do the latter without thinking this is being done by just 1 person, which happens to not have enough free time to finish this mod quickly.

Once I release, people will be able to see why it took so long, specially any dev that looks into the code or all the models and effects there.
If we're going on numbers:
5~10% of - over 900 new .uc files (classes) so far (100% mine)
- over 400 new 3D models so far (100% mine)
- over 2400 textures so far
(skins, icons, fx, etc, although around them are from UT/UT2k4/UT3 originally, but I did the remaining 90~95%)
- over 300 sounds (95% of them are sounds from original UT/UT2k4/UT3, and from those around 80% were edited to fit exactly the kind of sounds I wanted, around 6~10 of them are from a known UT2k4 mod which I obviously asked permission to use and which they will obviously get credits for).

So what does this say to the average gamer? Nothing much. What does this say to the average developer? There's some work put into there, but doesn't tell much more either.
But, again, once I finally release this, people will perhaps finally understand why something like this took long to finish.

And ironically, today I just got this message in my blog:

Lots of love and hate around this mod. So as you see, I know how people feel, and that's not the only message I got during all this development time, and so far I get more from comprehensive people rather than the ones that simply do not understand the work here, so the balance is positive so far and that's why I am going to finish the mod asap.

Spoiler: