You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament > UT Server - Windows Specific

Unread 8th January, 2008, 04:23 AM
Forum Newcomer

Default Server not showing up in Server list.

I have followed the wiki instructions and searched this forum extensively to solve most of the problems that I had to begin with. I am now down to posting for advice and help.

System specs:
AMD Athlon 3200+
2 gigs RAM
Windows XP Professional

I could list out all of the specs but I think that this is enough as it is not really a hardware issue. This sever is just going to be for a few friends, no more than 5 at a time.

I have used the following string to start the server from a DOS prompt. The login is unique to the server.

Code:
UT3.exe Server DM-ShangriLa?game=UTGame.UTDeathmatch?bShouldAdvertise=True?ServerDescription=077000097000100 -log=MyServerLog.txt -login=####### -password=####### -unattended
This is the new server window that opens and the text from there:

Code:
Init: Version: 3487
Init: Epic Internal: 0
Init: Compiled: Nov 12 2007 16:14:54
Init: Command line:  DM-ShangriLa?game=UTGame.UTDeathmatch ?bIsDedicated=True ?bShouldAdvertise=True ?ServerDescription=077000097000100?ServerName=Madhatter?Gam
ePassword=####### -login=####### -password=####### -Port=7777 -log=MyServerLog.txt -unattended
Init: Base directory: C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3 (Dedicated)\Binaries\
Init: Character set: Unicode
Log: Executing Class Engine.ServerCommandlet
Log: Initializing Game Engine...
Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file:  ..\Engine\Localization\int\Editor.int
Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file:  ..\UTGame\Localization\int\UTEditor.int
Init: UEngine initialized
Log: Looking for DLC...
Log: Object size..............: 60
Log: Actor size...............: 436
Log: ActorComponent size......: 88
Log: PrimitiveComponent size..: 448
Log: Browse: DM-ShangriLa?Name=Player?team=255?game=UTGame.UTDeathmatch
Log: LoadMap: DM-ShangriLa?Name=Player?team=255?game=UTGame.UTDeathmatch
Log: Virtual  memory allocation size: 127.84 MByte (134045696 Bytes)
Log: Physical memory allocation size:   0.00 MByte (0 Bytes)
Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file:  ..\UTGame\Localization\int\UTGameContent.int
Log: Game class is 'UTDeathmatch'
Init: WinSock: Socket queue 131072 / 131072
Log: NetMode is now 1
Log: Primary PhysX scene will be in software.
Log: Creating Primary PhysX Scene.
Log: Novodex Terrain Creation (Terrain_0): 6.543849 ms
PerfWarning: InstanceGeom: 14.716931 ms - 1229 Convex, Terrain 6.475125 ms, PerTriSM 5.163223 ms, InitArticulated 0.000000 ms, BodyInst Alloc 11.424791 ms, Init
Body 104.899693 ms
PerfWarning: NxActor Creation: 55.544078 ms
Log: Bringing World DM-ShangriLa.TheWorld up for play (30) at 2008.01.07-04.12.23
ScriptLog: -- MAPVOTE has been disabled due to lack of maps!
Log: Bringing up level for play took: 0.839425
Log: ########### Finished loading level: 2.008238 seconds
Init: Game engine initialized
Log: Initializing Game Engine Completed
It is possible that my entire problem stems from troubleshooting at around 4am but I also run a F.E.A.R. server and it advertises to the master list just fine.
This box is hooked directly to a cable modem with nothing but the windows firewall and the UT3.exe is in the exceptions list. If I can just get it to advertise to the master server I will be happy and can then go on to making more changes like locking it down with a password.

Pointing out stupidity on my part is expected. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Unread 8th January, 2008, 10:00 AM
Godlike

Wrong forum @ 4AM ;-). UT3 not UT99

You may be looking for the wrong name in the list. If you haven't specified ServerName under Engine.GameReplicationInfo in UTGame.ini . If you have you should remove the serverdescription from the command line. It may actally be listed under "gamespyLogin:ServerDescriptionInCommandLine" (messed me up at the start too)

Besides that, since the modem is directly connected to the cable modem - how is your internet passed on to the LAN ? I is this machine hosting the dedicated and your game machine or just the dedicated server ? Internet connection sharing through another NIC ? If so you may need to add the multihome command ( -multihome=x.x.x.x ) to bind the game to the outside interface. Assuming your windows firewall is setup properly to allow 6500 UDP and 7777 UDP inbound.