You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament > UT Server - Windows Specific

Unread 25th March, 2007, 06:03 PM
Godlike

Default Hey Azura

You seem to be the keeper of the WIKI stuff. What happened to or where is that tutorial for running a UT(99) server starting and monitoring it at a service rather than as a batch file? A reminder about this would be that in the tutorial it gave a shortcut to the free version of FireDaemonLite too. Thanks. I did look around for it and now only see a UT2004 Windows Service tutorial.

Hermskii
Unread 25th March, 2007, 06:15 PM
Holy Shit!!

The wiki can be editted by anyone and everyone . As for the tutorial, I don't think it has been added. Perhaps you can ask Azazel if he has any idea on where it went.

If you have some information on this, feel free to create a new wiki page. Simply type a title (spaces are possible) after the address http://wiki.unrealadmin.org/, for example Test Page, and click edit. For codes, see how things are done by editting other pages. When you're done, add this code at the end so it appears in the index :

[[Category:UT]]

And that's probably why UTIII was a relative flop. New game, same sh*thead players ^^.
Unread 27th March, 2007, 03:06 AM
Godlike

Default Azazel

I would hate to post how to do it being that I did learn how to do it from here somewhere. I still remember the little penguin on the page next to the download and everything. I made a short cut to it in fact and kept it but when I go to it now, it goes here:

http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28

Hermskii
Unread 29th March, 2007, 06:23 PM
Administrator

Do you have the old link, googe might have a cached copy we can put in the wiki. Not sure why it never got converted over though. Could always get a copy from backups but its a lot of messing compared to getting a google cached copy

Phoenix Alliance - The Movie
Revisionistic Movie
The Unreal Admins Page - the resource for unreal admins
Unread 30th March, 2007, 03:20 AM
Godlike

Default Posted

What I posted was what was listed in the properties of a link I had saved in favorites called:

The Unreal Admins Page - Forums - UT - Running As A Service

Hermskii
Unread 17th April, 2007, 12:05 PM
Holy Shit!!

.. speaking of "hey azura"... (OT, but I'm in a rush to let Az know about this, and I want everyone else to know, and this thread will be the best place to attract the best admins, I think)

Hey Azura, BlackCheetah will have vehicles ready with 5 maps within a few weeks. We'll be setting them up on our server, and I'll let you all know when they are ready. He's got a manta from 2k4 already going (at present, the mesh isn't viewable to other players, but he's fixed that in the next release), and he has I think it's a ghost or something from Halo, I think, plus some stock UT decoration vehicles, plus I think he has the Abrams Tank as a wheeled vehicle, too. (he said he had a wheeled vehicle, anyway. I think that's the one)

So UT Vehicles look to be only a short time from now. Our server has a map called CTF-FaceManta on it. It has some of his beta vehicles on it, if anyone wants to go check it out.