You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament > UT Server - Windows Specific

Unread 4th October, 2004, 12:44 AM
Godlike

Default Crash after mapchange?

What's this??

DevNet: NotifyAcceptingConnection: Server MyLevel refused
DevNet: NotifyAcceptingConnection: Server MyLevel refused
Log: Server switch level: DM-River)(City.unr?game=BotPack.DeathMatchPlus
Log: Browse: DM-River)(City.unr?Name=Player?Class=Botpack.TMale2?T eam=0?skin=SoldierSkins.blkt?Face=SoldierSkins.Oth ello?OverrideClass=?game=BotPack.DeathMatchPlus?mu tator=DocProtection_4.Doc_SNIPER_RIFLEMutator,DocP rotection_4.EnhancedFeedbackMutator,DocProtection_ 4.HeadShotBonus,DocProtection_4.NoTelefrag,DocProt ection_4.QFeedback,DocProtection_4.SpawnProtection ,DocProtection_4.ServerAdds,DocProtection_4.KickId lePlayers2,DocProtection_4.PheonixMut,BDBMapVote30 4.BDBMapVote,WhoPushedMe.WhoPushedMe
Log: LoadMap: DM-River)(City.unr?Name=Player?Class=Botpack.TMale2?T eam=0?skin=SoldierSkins.blkt?Face=SoldierSkins.Oth ello?OverrideClass=?game=BotPack.DeathMatchPlus?mu tator=DocProtection_4.Doc_SNIPER_RIFLEMutator,DocP rotection_4.EnhancedFeedbackMutator,DocProtection_ 4.HeadShotBonus,DocProtection_4.NoTelefrag,DocProt ection_4.QFeedback,DocProtection_4.SpawnProtection ,DocProtection_4.ServerAdds,DocProtection_4.KickId lePlayers2,DocProtection_4.PheonixMut,BDBMapVote30 4.BDBMapVote,WhoPushedMe.WhoPushedMe
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection31 10/04/04 01:28:13
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection50 10/04/04 01:28:13
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection57 10/04/04 01:28:13
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection60 10/04/04 01:28:13
Exit: WinSock shut down
Critical: UObject::StaticFindObject
Critical: UObject::StaticAllocateObject
Critical: (StructProperty MoveAmount)
Critical: UObject::StaticConstructObject
Critical: ULinkerLoad::CreateExport
Critical: (MoveAmount 22046703)
Critical: IndexToObject
Critical: ULinkerLoad<<UObject
Critical: (LinkerLoad Transient.LinkerLoad8 22046703))
Critical: SerializeExpr
Critical: (01)
Critical: (19)
Critical: (0F)
Critical: UStruct::Serialize
Critical: (Function Botpack.SuperShockRifle.SpawnEffect)
Critical: UFunction::Serialize
Critical: LoadObject
Critical: (Function Botpack.SuperShockRifle.SpawnEffect 22046703==22046703/39016791 22046589 149)
Critical: ULinkerLoad:reload
Critical: LinkProperties
Critical: UStruct::Link
Critical: UState::Link
Critical: UClass::Link
Critical: UStruct::Serialize
Critical: (Class Botpack.SuperShockRifle)
Critical: UState::Serialize
Critical: UClass::Serialize
Critical: (Class Botpack.SuperShockRifle)
Critical: (Class Botpack.SuperShockRifle 22046703==22046703/39016791 8718225 330)
Critical: ULinkerLoad::CreateExport
Critical: (SuperShockRifle0 6120250)
Critical: IndexToObject
Critical: ULinkerLoad<<UObject
Critical: (LinkerLoad Transient.LinkerLoad215 6120250))
Critical: ULevelBase::Serialize
Critical: ULevel::Serialize
Critical: (Level DM-River)(City.MyLevel 6120250==6120250/6365025 6113847 152755)
Critical: PreLoadObjects
Critical: UObject::EndLoad
Critical: UObject::StaticLoadObject
Critical: (Engine.Level None.MyLevel DM-River)(City.unr)
Critical: LoadLevel
Critical: UGameEngine::LoadMap
Critical: LocalMapURL
Critical: UGameEngine::Browse
Critical: ServerTravel
Critical: UGameEngine::Tick
Critical: UpdateWorld
Critical: UServerCommandlet::Main
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Double fault in object ShutdownAfterError
Exit: Exiting.
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Log file closed, 10/04/04 01:28:13

Interviewer: Is it possible to say where you get your musical influences from?
Frank Zappa: Sometimes you get it from chicken. Sometimes from coffee.
Unread 11th October, 2004, 03:15 AM
Godlike

Default MapVote?

Are you using BDBMapVote? If so, make sure you are using BDBMapVote version 3.04. If you have a prior version, it will crash you in a nasty way if you happen to be missing any files on your redirect server.

Hermskii
Unread 11th October, 2004, 06:27 AM
Holy Shit!!

How would mapvote know that those files are missing on the redirect?

Or do you mean the server will crash if you attempt to download files directly off the UT server?
Unread 12th October, 2004, 12:44 AM
Godlike

Default Here goes

Mapvote doesn't know but when it tries to launch the map that you are missing files from, it will loop back to the last map and then try to switch again and again in a main loop. It is a horrible crash requiring you to shut down your server and everything. Usually the players can't escape with out rebooting too.

It's fine to download files straight from the server with MapVote running but that server better have all the required files or at least be running BDBMapVote 3.04. At least it will auto switch by itself once the last map fails to load. The players will then just get a Connection lost error and they can just reconnect then. On MapVote 3.03, the players and the server both have to reboot if the server is missing needed files.

Anything else? Let us know.

Hermskii
Unread 12th October, 2004, 08:40 AM
Holy Shit!!

I could understand it if you were talking about missing files on the UT server itself, but not on the redirect. I have never seen any problem (except for slow dl) caused by missing files on the redirect.
Unread 12th October, 2004, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator

It wont.

UT-FILES.COM
Get your files
Unread 13th October, 2004, 04:31 AM
Godlike

Default Bet?

Hi Skillz! Wanna bet? I can reproduce this issue anytime I want. It is by far the nastiest Lockup your PC will ever have. There are entire post about it on my forum. It took me a month to figure it out. I don't allow downloads from my server. Only from the redirect web server. This issue will put your PC into such a loop, you usually have to hold down the power key just to stop it! We called it the loop of death.

Hermskii
Unread 13th October, 2004, 04:47 AM
Super Moderator

So you are telling me, that if a file is not on the redirect, on another server; and the client/user/player trys to download it when entering the server, it will crash the server AND the client and send it into an endless loop?

First of all, I don't think you fully understand what a redirect is. Because it has NOTHING do with the client, OR the Unreal Tournament server. Now, if that said file is missing on the Unreal Tournament server itself, then yes. I can understanding it causing problems, however I have NEVER seen it cause a loop. The most I have seen it ever do, is crash the server and/or change to a different map. That's all.

By all means, REPRODUCE that issue. I assure you it's not what you are saying it is.

Oh, and if you don't allow downloads from your server, and it's not on the redirect then the file will not be sent to the user. They will simple get a "failed to send ..." message. or "server refused to send ..." message. One of the two, I think it's the 2nd message, can't remember off hand.

UT-FILES.COM
Get your files
Unread 16th October, 2004, 01:46 PM
Forum Newcomer

Hey I'm the Admin of a Sniper/Matrix only clan and I know what a redirect is. Your problem is caused by files that are missing when you downloaded a map, then compressed them into their .uz format. If the file was corrupt when you downloaded it or was missing any, then that is your problem. Mapvote has no clues what is missing or not. It is just a utility that allows players to vote for maps while in play or at the end of the game.

We had this problem before and I finally started to copy the names of the files for each map so that when something like this happens I know exactly which one is the bad egg and removed all associated files with it.

I bet if you check the UCC.log you will find out what is missing. It might be as simple as a package that is not loading from the unrealtournament.ini.

Which log was the one you cut/pasted into here? Let me know what you find out.
Unread 16th October, 2004, 07:12 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ServerDude
Hey I'm the Admin of a Sniper/Matrix only clan and I know what a redirect is. Your problem is caused by files that are missing when you downloaded a map, then compressed them into their .uz format. If the file was corrupt when you downloaded it or was missing any, then that is your problem. Mapvote has no clues what is missing or not. It is just a utility that allows players to vote for maps while in play or at the end of the game.
We don't have mapvote on our private server but we do have x3dfmapvote. What happens when a uz file is corrupted or is the incorrect version of a package is that the client will exit with an error mentionning something about the huffman decompression algorithm used. The server itself will simply crash after a map change with a missing or corrupt file.

And that's probably why UTIII was a relative flop. New game, same sh*thead players ^^.
Unread 19th October, 2004, 09:31 AM
Godlike

We use version 3.04, and yes there is a map with missing files on the server.

It's not the map as shown in the first post with the missing files. RiverCity has all the files it needs also on the redirect space. I think the prob will be solved now.

Interviewer: Is it possible to say where you get your musical influences from?
Frank Zappa: Sometimes you get it from chicken. Sometimes from coffee.

Last edited by DonvanVliet : 19th October, 2004 at 09:34 AM.
Unread 22nd October, 2004, 01:26 AM
Godlike

Default For Skillz

Skillz,
I know what redirects are. I don't have time to show you what I mean so do this. Start up a server with Mapvote 3.03 or earlier. Now, set your server to use redirects but not to allow downloads from the server. Put on two maps. One that has needs only one map to launch and one map that needs a music file too. Now don't put the music file on the redirect server. Start the game with the map that is only one file. It starts fine. Play it through. At the end, vote for the other map. The one that is missing the file. Watch what happens! It is bad. I'll try to find the link that shows everyone contacting me about what was happening to their computers. I subscribed to this thread but never saw that you had replied. Is this the same Skillz that runs the monster hunt server? If so, I need to talk to you about my password on to your forum. Thanks

Hermskii
Unread 22nd October, 2004, 08:17 AM
Holy Shit!!

Exclamation mmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermskii
Are you using BDBMapVote? If so, make sure you are using BDBMapVote version 3.04. If you have a prior version, it will crash you in a nasty way if you happen to be missing any files on your redirect server.
Ruuning bdpmapvote 3.02 for 2 years never had problems
Fun-Dump.com 5k uniques daily
Phunneyshit.net 2k uniques daily
Trash n Babes 1,5k uniques daily
Babe-Dumper 1,5k uniques daily <New Site
Unread 22nd October, 2004, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

Done and done.

Simply said "Server refused to send file for package".

Anything else?

UT-FILES.COM
Get your files
Unread 23rd October, 2004, 04:43 PM
Godlike

I'd try reloading the map, possibly getting it from a source other than the one you obtained the first copy from. Usually a corrupted map will not allow the server to boot at all, but it seems to me that I've seen a corrupt map file cause a crash like this on occassion when the server reboots normally.

2k4 server: 8.9.16.16:7777:7787 |ZARK|[FA] BucketofBlood(TAM)

UT3 server: 8.9.17.4:7777 [FA]Headshot_Hilton
Unread 24th October, 2004, 04:15 PM
Godlike

Default ok

I just hunted through 17 pages of old forum material we have in an archive and was unable to locate the thread concerning the crash of death. I did however remember this so I checked to see if I could find it and behold, I did!

If you read the readme file that comes with MapVote 3.04, under the "Version History" section listed in the history for version 3.02, it says the following:

- Detects Map Switch failure. Sometimes map switching fails because the server is missing a texture or music file that the map depends on. When this happened the server would keep retrying the map switch and end up in an infinite loop. If a map switch failure is detected then MapVote automatically select another map from the list at random and switch to it instead.

So there it is 2399Skillz. It looks as though you were correct in that this only happened to versions of Mapvote prior to 3.02 where I had thought it happened to all versions before 3.04. This also explains why your testing never reproduced the issue since you use version 3.02 and this fix was already incorporated. Still, if you want to see a very very nasty crash, do the same test with a version of MapVote previous to 302 version. Note that the system won't actually crash but it is very hard to stop and restart the server and nearly unescapable as a connecting player! Try it. You'll see.

Now about that password to the MonsterHunt Forum. Are you the same Skillz in charge of that forum? Thank you.

Hermskii
Unread 24th October, 2004, 10:58 PM
Super Moderator

Hermskii, that still has nothing to do with the redirect file. That says, "Sometimes map switching fails because the server is missing a texture or music file that the map depends on." please note "the server is missing" not "the redirect site is missing" so please, correct me when I am wrong please.

As for PlanetMonsterHunt.com, yes I am the one who owns it. Have you been to it lately? If not, then I think you should, it's been gone for over a week now.

UT-FILES.COM
Get your files
Unread 25th October, 2004, 04:35 AM
Godlike

Default Yes Yes

Yes, you are right Skillz. The error I mentioned occurs when files are missing from the game server and not the redirect server. Whew! Now that this part is done, what happened to your forum and website? I thought it was the hottest thing we had for MonsterHunt.

Hermskii
Unread 25th October, 2004, 06:09 AM
Super Moderator

I will briefly described in two words.

Php-Nuke sucks.

Thank you.

UT-FILES.COM
Get your files
Unread 29th October, 2004, 05:09 AM
Godlike

Default Great answer

Here is what I use:

www.ipowerweb.com

1000 mb hosting
500 pop email accounts
SSL, FTP, Stats
CGI, PHP, MySQL
Frontpage extensions.

It is the best I've ever seen and it's less than $100/yr!

I have used them for years. Let me know what you think. Good luck! Get that website back up and hurry.

Hermskii