You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament 2003/2004 > UT2003/4 Server - Windows Specific

Unread 7th June, 2004, 05:54 PM
Forum Newcomer

Exclamation What ports to open and how

Hi all

I promissed my clan leader I would get a dedicated server up for 10 players. The only problem is that I am on a router. I tryed to open a couple of ports like 7788 but I got a feeling I am not doing it right. I also don't know all the ports to open.

I would appreciate it if someone could tell me what ports to open and how to open them. I have a Sitecom router.

Thx for anyone who can help me
Unread 7th June, 2004, 06:46 PM
Rampage

Cool

Head over to the tutorials section and follow the links until you get to the server setup tutorial. Go down to the bottom of the file and it shows you which specific ports need to be set to what values.

SotD{Skyell
Unread 7th June, 2004, 10:17 PM
Super Moderator

as posted above we really appreciate it when people read the tutorials that we have spent a great deal of time writing and researching before posting questions which our answered by them
http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55
if you have read it and dont understand or it seems to not be working then feel free to post your problem with any errors
Unread 8th June, 2004, 12:51 AM
Forum Newcomer

The tutorial was really helpful for me [THANKS UNREALADMIN!] after a lot of reading elsewhere I finally got the definitive list of ports required, and the little footnote at the bottom regarding testing the ports from within your LAN was a little Gem for those not in the now about NAT.

Hardest part after that was getting port forwarding/open ports to work!

Try this website http://www.portforward.com/ which I used to check my method. It was very bizzare though, as Sunday I spent perhaps 4-5 hours trying to get the server recognised beyond the router on the Internet and tonight I did it it in five minutes flat! I think there were some issues with the Unreal Master Server yesterday, so that probably did not help my testing.

If that website is useful perhaps admin could add the link to the tutorial in the router section - they list a lot of routers and the guide for DG834g was spot on and clearly written. Also if you do still have problems dont forget to list your Router make&model as this is always useful info!

c.
Unread 14th September, 2004, 09:20 PM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshRogan
The tutorial was really helpful for me [THANKS UNREALADMIN!] after a lot of reading elsewhere I finally got the definitive list of ports required, and the little footnote at the bottom regarding testing the ports from within your LAN was a little Gem for those not in the now about NAT.

Hardest part after that was getting port forwarding/open ports to work!

Try this website http://www.portforward.com/ which I used to check my method. It was very bizzare though, as Sunday I spent perhaps 4-5 hours trying to get the server recognised beyond the router on the Internet and tonight I did it it in five minutes flat! I think there were some issues with the Unreal Master Server yesterday, so that probably did not help my testing.

If that website is useful perhaps admin could add the link to the tutorial in the router section - they list a lot of routers and the guide for DG834g was spot on and clearly written. Also if you do still have problems dont forget to list your Router make&model as this is always useful info!

c.

Hi JoshRogan

I'm having probs with my dg834g - similar probs to you but I've truied the above and my friends still cant connect to me - just a black screen - I can connect to my server on my LAN but nothing outside - any ideas?

Cheers

CrazyAl
Unread 14th September, 2004, 11:58 PM
Rampage

if u runnin a lynksys or however u spell it jump on over to a thread called UT PROBLEMS. it will tell u all u need to know.

damn ppl read other post of problems before jus postin one.
Unread 15th September, 2004, 12:40 AM
Dominating

That would require observation and brain cells though.

These are always the people who seem to think they can host a server on their dial up. Then they come in here complaining that it is to slow.

Sorry, I like to rant. Forgive me.
Unread 15th September, 2004, 07:12 PM
Forum Newcomer

I have a 2mb connection and have opened a multitude of ports both inbound and outbound that have been mentioned on both this forum and other UT forums with no joy - I am simply asking for a definitive list of ports for a specific make of router (dg834g) - I have tried the sites that JoshRogan has suggested with little joy.

Comments like yours yomomaho & wigglez are not welcome - if you can't help, don't post.
Unread 15th September, 2004, 07:45 PM
Dominating

Notice how there is still a lack of information such as who makes the router. If it is wireless, cat5, bailing wire, 2 dixie cups with string. What os's are being used.
2mb up? riiiiight Lemme guess, you are still only paying 29.95 for the connection as well.
Just an FYI for the person who actually does want to help and has enough info, it is a Netgear wireless router 802.11g.
Unread 16th September, 2004, 02:40 PM
Forum Newcomer

Angry

What a wonderful attitiude you have yomomaho - you must win friends and family over with an attitude like that

For the others on the board, here is some more info:-

Netgear DG834G wireless router 54g
It's on a CAT5 connection with a local IP of 192.168.0.X
XP with SP2

Can connect locally from another PC but if someone tries to connect to me via internet game they get a black screen.

yomomaho - if you are abusive in any further answers here, you leave me no choice but to inform the Mods.
Unread 17th September, 2004, 12:25 PM
Rampage

o no plz dont inform the mods plz.
Unread 17th September, 2004, 01:42 PM
Dominating

Should probably stick to your own thread though.
http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8009
Unread 17th September, 2004, 08:27 PM
Forum Newcomer

Mods informed.

Last edited by crazyal : 17th September, 2004 at 08:33 PM.
Unread 17th September, 2004, 08:41 PM
Dominating

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyal
yes, glad I did that as you and yer girlfriend Wigglez were being pathetic as normal
- haven't you got homework to do.
*shaking*
Just figured I would repost what you edited out