You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament > UT Server - Windows Specific

Unread 7th March, 2007, 11:49 PM
Godlike

Default custom sniperscope question

not really sure where to post this, but here it goes

I'm building a custom (modified zark/camping) rifle atm. Everything works well, but somehow I can't seem to use 'dark' colours for the crosshair.
Somehow after importing the pcx file the darker colours turn out to be light gray/almost white even. (or invisible when using black (like it should when using black ))

This whilst the indexed coloured bmp and pcx file before importing it are looking great.
I even tried to overide the colours using Canvas.DrawColor, but also no solution there

Could anyone tell me what I'm overlooking perhaps?
Unread 8th March, 2007, 12:36 AM
Holy Shit!!

When you import with the Flags=2 (masked texture) black becomes transparent. So the more black something is the more transparent it becomes...so any other color that is dark will turn a transparent color of itself.

Try using this when you draw the box and the inside of the scope texture (the part that you see through) use STY_Translucent and when you draw the lines use STY_Normal. That could be a workaround for you and I think that the DrawColor will even sort of take effect.
Unread 9th March, 2007, 07:19 PM
Godlike

Thanks! Worked like a charm
After all I went back to the green lines like we had before , but am using the STY_Normal and DrawColor functions now.
Unread 26th September, 2007, 07:05 PM
Forum Newcomer

Hi,

I was wondering how to customize the zoom of the sniper rifle.

My clans sniper rifle has it's own look (graphics) for when you are not zoomed in, but when you zoom in the speed of the zoom is ok but the graphic of the zoom is fairly basic.

I wanted to experiment with making a new zoom for the rifle but have no idea how to do it.

Can anyone help? I have looked through the forums and can't find what I am looking for.

What do I need? Do I get a copy of the rifle we have and open it in a program and adjust the settings or do I make a new file or picture of some sort?

The messages that are displayed when some one is shot (that is player1 was killed by player2), is that a part of the rifle package and can that be changed?

What files am I looking for and what file extensions? I have like 6 gigs in my UT folders so finding the files to alter might be hard unless I know what I am looking for.

I am no programmer so any help I can get will be great. Thanks.
Unread 26th September, 2007, 08:21 PM
Godlike

I think you’ll like this tool http://www.wotgreal.com/wotgreal/fil...alExporter.zip (no, it’s only a viewer )
Try to open your rifle with it, and see what’s inside. It’ll definitely make things a bit more clear for you, and ‘ll show you a glimp of things possible.

I’m also not a coder (from scratch) myself, but I can change some minor things, like the textures, sounds, etc.

You basically have to export your rifle to classes, textures, sounds and models (ucc batch export), do your modifications, and use ‘ucc make’ to have things back in one package again.
Unread 27th September, 2007, 08:09 PM
Forum Newcomer

Thanks,

When I get a chance and get a copy of the rifle from the server then I will give it a try.

Then I will be back to ask how to change the stuff!!