You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament 2003/2004 > UT2003/4 Server - Windows Specific

Unread 23rd March, 2004, 04:30 PM
Killing Spree

Ok, this may be a stupid question, but I did not see the anwser in the tutorial on redirects. I have set up an http redirect for my 2k4 server. on the surface this 'seems' to be working, however I have yet to see someone actually successfully download files & join the server. When I set up initialy I had the 'allowdownloads=False' sending everything to the redirect. What I saw while testing (with a custom BR map) was that the file would download to 100% then I would get an error that the server refused to send the file (same file name as the map). So I changed to 'allowdownloads=True' Thinking that there may be some other needed file that had not been loaded to the redirect server. What I saw then was the after the first download completed, it started over again (same file name), and went up to ~120% complete before I killed the download. Have any of you ever seen this issue before? If so, what am I doing wrong?
Unread 24th March, 2004, 05:25 AM
Killing Spree

Which redirection server are you using? And did you verify that the server you're using has that file?

As of a couple days ago I could not get the Uzadmin redirection service working at all (the one offered by this site). I had to switch to my UT2k3 redirection service, and it worked just fine.

[IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
RedirectToURL=http://uz2.gameservers.net/
ProxyServerHost=
ProxyServerPort=3128
UseCompression=True

Make sure you have UseCompression=True. That's all I can suggest so far.
Unread 24th March, 2004, 05:23 PM
Forum Newcomer

Thanks holy Crusader, that redirect address solved my problem
Unread 25th March, 2004, 02:40 PM
Killing Spree

Good to hear! Game away!
Unread 26th March, 2004, 01:34 AM
Killing Spree

I am using a server that some of the guys in my clan keep. The last time that i looked at it all of the custom maps that I am running were still there. The thing that I thought was weird was the 100+% completed. That must be the 'new' math. and also, if the file is not there, it should default to download from my server. It seemed to want to do both.
Unread 26th March, 2004, 02:44 AM
Killing Spree

I've seen other people reporting that problem as well, but I've not followed the threads to see if the problem has been resolved. Maybe it really IS downloading from both servers (unlikely, but not outside the realm of possibility).

You can make sure that AllowDownloads=False, that will completely disable downloads from the UT server itself.
Unread 28th March, 2004, 08:22 PM
Killing Spree

I'm having this same type of problem. It didn't start until after I started using UT2Vote21. (Spoke with ProAsm, they've seen it a few times, but don't know how to fix it yet.) Even when I took that off and went back to MapVote b11, my redirect isn't working right. The redirect address IS correct. And it's the same files that redirected just fine before UT2Vote was used. People who already have the files they need can join just fine, but for those who don't, it's even trying to send sound files like AnnouncerEvil from my server. Then they tell me the download is going up to 300% or something stupid like that! And they still don't get in. Any help would be fabulous Thanks guys!
Unread 29th March, 2004, 01:30 AM
Forum Newcomer

TryREMOVING EVERYTHING CONNECTED WITH UT2Vote 21 including : "server packages= UT2Vote21"from your UT2004 Ini or make sure you have the server packages =UT2Vote21 in the server packages area. If that fails try reinstalling the game. Is this a free redirect or is it yours?
UT2Vote 21 is a better system tho as I recall there were a few things that still needed to be ironed out with it. If MapMixer comes out with a mutator for 2004,that had some great features with detailed editing for every game although I can't remember if it had a voting mechanism.
Unread 31st March, 2004, 05:19 AM
Forum Newcomer

I have changed all the setting on my server to match redirect. Have tired using the http://uz2.gameservers.net/ link and I still get a problem with download. I'm not sure why. I get connection failed downloading Map not allowed.
Here's my ini file.
[IpDrv.TcpNetDriver]
AllowDownloads=false
ConnectionTimeout=20.0
InitialConnectTimeout=200.0
AckTimeout=1.0
KeepAliveTime=0.2
MaxClientRate=15000
MaxInternetClientRate=10000
SimLatency=0
RelevantTimeout=5.0
SpawnPrioritySeconds=1.0
ServerTravelPause=4.0
NetServerMaxTickRate=20
LanServerMaxTickRate=35
DownloadManagers=IpDrv.HTTPDownload
DownloadManagers=Engine.ChannelDownload
AllowPlayerPortUnreach=False
LogPortUnreach=False
MaxConnPerIPPerMinute=5
LogMaxConnPerIPPerMin=False

[IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
ProxyServerHost=
ProxyServerPort=3128
UseCompression=True

Can't seem to figure it out. I can connect to the web page and download these but I can't download them through UT2004. Very upset. If anyone has a little fix Please let me know.

Skippydo1
Unread 31st March, 2004, 06:09 PM
crosz

ut2vote21 is not compatible with ut2004 due to the changed net code .ben lives in south africa and missed getting a copy of the game at the initial release . so as soon as he can get the game we wil be starting the work on the new version for ut2004.

as far as ut2vote21 for ut2003 most problems that ppl have are self inflicted rtfm and you will have no problems as we beta tested ut2vote extensively on varios server configs and got 98% of the bugs out the remaing bugs are so minor its hardly worth mentioning and in no way can they effect redirect server fuctions or server stability in any way good luck with your problem if i were you i would just rename your ut2004.nin to ut2004.txt and fire up the server and let it make a freah clean ini then carefully edit the new .ini adding things like muts one at a time no need to reinstall the whole game thats a little over kill

sh0V3L
Unread 1st April, 2004, 11:43 AM
Forum Newcomer

Yeh, I think I was confusing it withTTM. I really like that you can program the translocator automatically in or out of a game mode so when you switch from DM without the translocator to CTF , the translocator can automatically be available.
In TTM later versions, they offered that option but it didn.t work
correctly.
Unread 7th April, 2004, 06:55 AM
Forum Newcomer

Is now RedirectToURL=http://uz2.gameservers.net/ut2004/

By adding the ut2004 dir this finally works.

If anyone has any idea how to make IIS work with uz2 please let me know. I want to set up my web server. I can't seem to get it to download. Ports are open. It just won't download.

skip
Unread 7th April, 2004, 05:08 PM
Forum Newcomer

What's IIS?
Unread 8th April, 2004, 05:09 AM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentscissors
What's IIS?
Internet Information Services. This is a snapin for windows which allows you to have a web site and FTP. I use this for my web page and Ftp site. Right now I'm trying to set up a redirect site for compressed maps. Hope this helps.

Skip :sheep:
Unread 8th April, 2004, 09:59 PM
Forum Newcomer

if you get it working let me know! I have a website that I can view the uz2 files and download them thru IE but the game still seems to pull from the server. How I have been testing is running map, Aristocracy and renamed it in my maps folder to something else. It downloads but it is getting it from the game server instead.
Unread 9th April, 2004, 01:19 AM
Forum Newcomer

I'll post it here if I get it working.
Unread 9th April, 2004, 06:09 AM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullzeye
Well, I got it.All of the offical maps that came with the game can't be downloaded from the redirect server unless you turn the offical flag in the map off in the UT2004 server. You can do this by using this program http://www.chebs.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/utmapflagger.zip I'm in the process of trying this.
:look: I hope this helps. you can read a few forms on this here http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...hreadid=367104

cya
Skip
Unread 9th April, 2004, 01:36 PM
Killing Spree

Out of curiosity, what's the point in downloading the official maps? They all get installed when you install the game, and everybody should have them. Many of the redirection sites won't even carry the official maps on their website.

Unless you're referring to the Bonus Packs that DE and Epic released. Even so, it'd be easier for a client to download the map packs (if you're still playing just with UT2k3). UT2k4 has, from what I can tell, all of content from those two bonus packs.

If you're looking at the maps for testing purposes, I'd suggest the new official maps that have been downloaded. ONS-Icarus, ONS-Ascendancy, and ONS-Aridoom. The first one I know works just fine, the other two I've not tested but I'd be surprised if they don't work.

Skippydo1: I've not tried that redirection. I'll try that out when I can. Thanks for the info.
Unread 9th April, 2004, 10:10 PM
Forum Newcomer

Well, this still isn't helping me. I guess I should start from scratch....

I have a few custom mutators and maps on my server. I want to be able to re-direct them to my webserver for download. I have run ucc compression on all the maps and every file I believe to be custom in the system, static, textures, and sounds directories. I copied all those files to a single folder on the webserver. If I use internet explorer I can browse the files and upon clicking any of them it starts to download. the following is what I have un my ut2003.ini file:

[IpDrv.TcpNetDriver]
AllowDownloads=True
ConnectionTimeout=180.0
InitialConnectTimeout=200.0
AckTimeout=1.0
KeepAliveTime=0.2
MaxClientRate=20000
SimLatency=0
RelevantTimeout=5.0
SpawnPrioritySeconds=1.0
ServerTravelPause=4.0
NetServerMaxTickRate=20
LanServerMaxTickRate=35
DownloadManagers=IpDrv.HTTPDownload
DownloadManagers=Engine.ChannelDownload
AllowPlayerPortUnreach=False
LogPortUnreach=False
MaxInternetClientRate=7000.0
MaxConnPerIPPerMinute=5
LogMaxConnPerIPPerMin=False
MaxDownloadSize=10

[IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
RedirectToURL=http://127.0.0.1/srs/uz2/
ProxyServerHost=
ProxyServerPort=3128
UseCompression=True

Now I have changed the ip address here for security reasons. (My host would freak if the webserver became public) If I go into my game on my local computer and rename one of the maps to a different name for example DM-Frozen.ut2 to DM-FrozenX.ut2 and try to connect I still end up downloading from the server instead of the web. The log doesn't seem to show any errors, and the console on the server states:

Client Requested File...Allowed
Sending' ../Maps/DM-Frozen.ut2'

I am confused...... The webserver runs on XP Pro with IIS 5.1 The game server is on Windows Server 2003 Standard.

I did make a mime entry for the uz2 files and added uz2 as the extension and octet/stream as the type. Still no go. Anyone have any clue? I know we have all gone over thi a few times and I am still lost. Do I hav to enable any other ports but 80 on the webserver for this to work?

Also with this flagger program is there a way to re-flag a group of maps? Or would I have to do each individually?
Unread 10th April, 2004, 05:47 AM
Forum Newcomer

Yes, your right about the Official maps. We really don't need to download them. See, when I was testing Redirection I used one of the official maps. As you know by now UT won't allow any of the official maps to be downloaded. Now that I tried one of the new maps I found my web server to work with ease. I tried the utmapflagger but it didn't seem to work.
Bullzeye- you can high light all of the maps that you want to fix. It just takes a few min's to do. But, as I just stated I don't think that it works. Try it maybe I didn't do it right. I didn't have to add uz2 to extentions for my server to work. What was the error you got when you tried to download the mutator from your server.

Just want to say thanks to everyone. These postings have helped. I hope to pass some of my new knowlege on to others.

skippydo1