You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament > UT Server - Windows Specific

Unread 16th April, 2012, 04:24 PM
Dominating

Default weird problem after years of playing

hi folks

untill last week everything was fine but suddenly my ut start to get weird,
lets explain:
when i get in a server like multiplay combo instagib server my shock is delayed and after i try to shoot a ball and make a combo my insta is shooting again and even i didnt press the mouse twice.
also when i play in a all weapons server ,when i shoot with flakcannon for example ,pressing the left mouse button continuously should shot all the time but is delaying and i can not shoot.

so my point is i play for years this game and this is first time i encounter this problem and i can not fix it.
i install new windows,new ut but is the same.

i tryed all netspeed stuff to adjust.
i am behind a router and i play without the router,directly connected to check maybe my router is problem but is the same.
even i played with my laptop to check if my pc has problems still the same.

maybe someone have a soultion or something!
looking foward for a solution!
Unread 16th April, 2012, 04:40 PM
Holy Shit!!

Only online ? try this mode offline ?

Unread 17th April, 2012, 05:35 AM
Dominating

i tryed offline and is ok
but still can not get it why after years of playing i get this and i changed nothing.
someone say to me this is call "jitter" packets are coming inand out in dfferent speeds and i saw that pressing F6 in was something like 1323 and out was 4323but i can not interperet all these.
there is a possibility that all servers from gameservers to have this problem and with all these ddos attacks?

i will try to play with my laptop from another locationn to check my connection.
wierd,wierd,wierd....
Unread 17th April, 2012, 02:57 PM
Holy Shit!!

if your on wifi thats most likely the cause try rebooting wifi ? I mean mine works fine but im also on 5ghz spectrum on a modern laptop
BUNNYTRACK NY
Unread 27th March, 2013, 12:51 PM
Forum Newcomer

you sure they just didn't ace on the servers and ur getting that pre-jitter ace loading and ace never loads? You got all the symptoms, your ping will spike to 1000-2000 and ur weapons wont fire right and your framerate will be like 10-15 until it loads in the bottom left hand corner. Sometimes on certain computers or certain servers it simply doesn't load for the player and you're stuck in that 'messed up pre dualcore fix/laptop speed' issue feel to UT. Ace might be it.
Unread 13th April, 2013, 02:30 PM
Forum Newcomer

This is 100% because of ACE that Multiplay likes to run.Another thing that can cause that effect is ZP,it delays shock combos badly,throws the timing right off.

You know the lag you first get when ACE starts up in Multiplay?Well that exact same lag happens throughout the game for me,so i am sure happens for others as well.The lag is so bad i have seen players in spots on a map that would take them at least 3 seconds to get there and yet standing right in front of me ,i can't see them.
I will add one other FACT before my point.I have had so much lag i freeze in mid air,yet i leave F6 on to see if the games recognize lag and they do not,i have NEVER had f6 show me any PL even when the red icon shows up.

Point is the lag can be so bad like 3+ seconds and you will never know it,thjat is why your combo is so delayed and will actually fire again,prolly because you tried to fire again ,not seeing your first shot.

We definitely need a different approach to anti cheat because ACE is the worst i have seen yet for causing lag.I also do not know what looks good on paper but version 420 of UT was the best for pings ever.I think too often people spend too much time with code and don't really pay attention and try it in game.
Unread 29th April, 2013, 08:37 PM
Godlike

Connection problem, which I can sometimes relate to as I use wifi also.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Unread 30th April, 2013, 06:44 PM
Holy Shit!!

This is not because of ACE. I run ACE on all our servers and rarely do we ever hear issues or server related complaints. When there are, it's usually because the server is being DDoS'd

Unread 30th April, 2013, 07:37 PM
Unstoppable

Sony, it very well could be ACE. If tgis problem only occurs on ACE servers Zavateandu then I would recommend looking into the ACE toggle commands for clients. I forget which command but if it's ACE related that will fix the issue. If it's due to wifi check your config settings for the wifi itself and make sure your connection settings in UT are set properly as well. You also could just be connecting to a crap connection to begin withm or you need to upgrade to a faster wireless reciever, wireless n is faster than g!
Unread 1st May, 2013, 06:49 AM
Dominating

believe it or not was my mouse.i changed the mouse and everything back to normal.

was made me crazy cause offline the things were ok and i never thought on my mouse but one friend of mine said to change the mouse.
Unread 2nd May, 2013, 03:27 PM
Godlike

I'm thinking it was just the mouse. Mine have done the same since 2 mouse replacement (Even my current one, but I am able to manage to keep it from doing so..)

I also didn't like when I try to right click to zoom in, it just toggle a little and couldn't zoom in, and some other time it'll zoom in all the way. So I had to replace. (Button abuse... teehee!)

irc.globalgamers.net #uscript
http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript
Unread 2nd May, 2013, 11:18 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zavateandu View Post
believe it or not was my mouse.i changed the mouse and everything back to normal.

was made me crazy cause offline the things were ok and i never thought on my mouse but one friend of mine said to change the mouse.
Good to hear. I knew the likeliehoods of it being ACE were slim

Unread 3rd May, 2013, 02:31 PM
Godlike

Mouse driver might have installed badly when you plugged it in. I've seen that BSOD computers pre-XP, before failsafes were coded into windows to stop that sort of catastrophic failure.