You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > General > Suggestions & Comments

Unread 14th April, 2005, 04:58 PM
Killing Spree

Red face de version mismatch

Hi. I'm playing UT GOTY. I have a D-Link wireless network which consists of my laptop and desktop. I've decided I would like to make my laptop a dedicated UT server. I think I handled the setup correctly with the laptop. When I go to the desktop and launch UT, and find LAN games, I see the link fine. However, when I double click to enter the game, I get a message "de version mismatch", and it won't let me play. I loaded the game on both machines from the same set of disks, and downloaded ver. 436 for both, and downloaded the bonus packs for both. Therefore I don't understand any mismatches. Can anyone help? By the way, if anyone has some tips on how I can make this available over the internet to family members, but still secure to the outside world, I'd aprreciate it. Thanks.

I see I posted this in the wrong forum. I'll repost it in the correct forum.

Last edited by marquis103 : 14th April, 2005 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Wrong forum
Unread 12th July, 2005, 02:17 PM
Unstoppable

just delete de.u from unrealtournament/system
on the laptop go into unrealtournament/system/unrealtournament.ini and search for serverpackages=de put ; infront of it so it looks like this ;serverpackages=de
then save. start the server up and join it with the other machine. it should be ok now. no one uses de.u that i know of but should you decide to keep it for some strange reason.

leave the laptop alone without the above fix. on your client machine "the one u use to connect to the laptop /server" go into your systemfolder and delete de.u if its present. also open your cache folder up and look in the ini thats in there. if you find de.u look for the guid"those numbers letters @ the start" find the file it belongs to then delete it and remove the entry from the ini. save.
all done

no idea if this has been answered elswhere and i know im a little late replying but what the hell
Unread 12th July, 2005, 02:23 PM
Holy Shit!!

What is that file anyway?
Unread 12th July, 2005, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

It's DigitalExtremes Volatile Weapon, Team Beacon and Volatile Ammo mutator.

UT-FILES.COM
Get your files
Unread 12th July, 2005, 03:55 PM
Holy Shit!!

Oh right, that crap.
Unread 12th July, 2005, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator

Yea, I think the problem with the mismatch versions comes from one of the Bonus Packs. I think when they did the 436 update, that file was updated as well. So if you updated to 436, then installed one of the Bonus Packs (I think the 2nd one is the DigitalExtremes bonus pack) then you'd install the older version on top of the newer. So reinstalling the patch should fix the problem. However, just removing it from your system directory will fix the problem also.

UT-FILES.COM
Get your files