You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament > UT Server - Windows Specific

Unread 7th July, 2008, 04:37 PM
Holy Shit!!

What about setting the commandline to only start MapVoteLA13 and then put the mutators in the MapvoteLA settings? Since you are loading MapvoteLA in the commandline, it may be trying to reset the mutators being used thus not loading any at all.
Unread 7th July, 2008, 06:51 PM
Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by adminthis View Post
The uplink can be set under [IpServer.UdpServerUplink].

Code:
[IpServer.UdpServerUplink]
DoUplink=True
The webserver can be enabled under [UWeb.WebServer].

Code:
[UWeb.WebServer]
bEnabled=True
ListenPort=1234
Where ListenPort is the port the webserver runs on (e.g.: http://my.servers.ip.address:1234).

Also, it's not necessary to change the LocalMap= entry. Simply launch your server using the RunServer.bat file and have a look. Even without DoUplink set, you could still verify if it worked by manually connecting to your server's IP address.
OK the Uplink WAS set to true already.

[UWeb.WebServer]
Applications[0]=UTServerAdmin.UTServerAdmin
ApplicationPaths[0]=/ServerAdmin
Applications[1]=UTServerAdmin.UTImageServer
ApplicationPaths[1]=/images
DefaultApplication=0
bEnabled=True <-----------------------WAS set auto default
ListenPort=1234

As far as the "DoUplink" there is no such line in that ini. I checked by means of Ctrl+f.

I had to add this to the ini and than it connected.

[IpServer.UdpServerUplink]
DoUplink=True
UpdateMinutes=1
MasterServerAddress=
MasterServerPort=27900
Region=0

I tried my cammand line and the web admin didn't show. Server worked but no Instagib with my line.

I tried your line and it worked.

@echo off
ucc server CTF-Face.unr?Game=Botpack.ctfgame?mutator=Botpack.Inst aGibDM

There were no powerups nor healt present though.

Anyway that test worked. Yeah

I'll try others now may need your help so don't go away. I'll do it later in eve.

Thank You

Unread 7th July, 2008, 09:14 PM
Godlike

Quote:
Originally Posted by lort View Post
As far as the "DoUplink" there is no such line in that ini. I checked by means of Ctrl+f.
My bad. I forgot the stock UnrealTournament.ini misses a lot of options. Most get added as you load the game(types).

Quote:
There were no powerups nor healt present though
That's normal behavior for Instagib; it removes all powerups (except for JumpBoots) and health.

Quote:
I'll try others now may need your help so don't go away.
Don't worry, I'm right here by your side
Now you should start to slowly rebuild you server and do frequent checks to see if everything's still working as expected.
Unread 8th July, 2008, 02:22 AM
Rampage

Quote:
My bad. I forgot the stock UnrealTournament.ini misses a lot of options. Most get added as you load the game(types).

That's normal behavior for Instagib; it removes all powerups (except for JumpBoots) and health.

Don't worry, I'm right here by your side
Now you should start to slowly rebuild you server and do frequent checks to see if everything's still working as expected.
I added BDBmapvote3.04 for now and it works as well.

I did notice though that the webadmin loads slower and some functions don't show at all. A good thing is that the mutators show if I keep hitting refresh on IE page, and thats a good thing. Thats what I wanted to see in the first place.

You see i always used hosted servers so half of them were preset as far as command lines. I had to add all the rest of mutators and setups myself over the few years I ran them. So I'm not totally lost, just dumfounded with working on my own dedicated server rack trying to get my old games running. I never seen windows 2003 server version or plesk8.2 as well before. I curious as to how many games I can run on that server.

Its kind of messed up that that my transfered server games from other hosts don't work. I put 3 years into building on to one of them. Oh well time to get unlazy again.

I'm curious as to how many games I can run on that rack. Hope 2 or 3 of them.

Its a AMD Opteron 146 2gig+ single core
2048 MB DDR2-RAM
2x 120 GB Hard Drive
4000 GB Bandwidth

I will have many Questions to come when I want to setup an additional UT game on the same server.

I'll let you know how other mutators work out.

Thanks again adminthis

LORT

Unread 8th July, 2008, 09:24 AM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
I did notice though that the webadmin loads slower and some functions don't show at all.
Try installing SWA. It works better.
Unread 8th July, 2008, 01:31 PM
Godlike

Quote:
I did notice though that the webadmin loads slower and some functions don't show at all.
You might want to apply the v451 patch now. It has some fixes in the webadmin department and is required for the overall security of your server.

Quote:
Its a AMD Opteron 146 2gig+ single core
2048 MB DDR2-RAM
2x 120 GB Hard Drive
4000 GB Bandwidth
On that setup you could run dozens of servers. I've been able to run 3 servers (32 slots total) on 900MHz, 512MB RAM. The only time the servers require a lot of CPU power is on map switch. I think the limiting factor for you will be the bandwidth you have available.

Last edited by adminthis : 8th July, 2008 at 01:37 PM.
Unread 8th July, 2008, 06:49 PM
Rampage

Dozens i don't need. just a few would be good till I learn more about the racks ability

Jes thats back in the AMD K-6/K-7 days. LOL

Unread 9th July, 2008, 03:50 AM
Rampage

Admin I went on this eve after doing some stuff for wife. LOL
Anyway The players slide and don't run or jump. I seen that before a few years ago on Balls to the walls.

both Players and Bots slide only, any clue why? Remember I didn't add any patches yet.

BTW only mutators are instagib and mapvote. Bots are set to average skill

Last edited by lort : 9th July, 2008 at 04:11 AM.
Unread 9th July, 2008, 08:21 AM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
players slide and don't run or jump.
This only happens if you have installed the high res textures from CD2 on the client. If you overwrite them with the textures from CD1, the players will move like they should.
Unread 9th July, 2008, 06:14 PM
Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaMan View Post
This only happens if you have installed the high res textures from CD2 on the client. If you overwrite them with the textures from CD1, the players will move like they should.
Yeah but the install was from the utserver436final. 90+megs in size no cd's were used at all.

Maybe I should at this point add utpatch 451b.

Unread 9th July, 2008, 10:40 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Yeah but the install was from the utserver436final. 90+megs in size no cd's were used at all.
You did see that I wrote on the client? ie. the machine you play with, not the server.
Unread 10th July, 2008, 01:54 AM
Rampage

Quote:
You did see that I wrote on the client? ie. the machine you play with, not the server.
Maybe but i don't think so. I play on my other servers everyday. I never see players. I was on that setup last night and the BOTS and a LIVE player were both just sliding. Not one showed running or jumping

Unread 15th July, 2008, 02:36 AM
Rampage

Quote:
I not sure why but I reinstalled my UT and the new server game players/bots work well now.

Thanks Pizzaman

BTW I my server now is running Pinada, Q jet, NXjets, now I want to ran a second game. Its a ravck so I'm not sure how to set it up. I have to aguire another IP first I guess. Any info on a command line for second UT99 game on my rack?

Unread 15th July, 2008, 02:32 PM
Godlike

Quote:
I have to aguire another IP first I guess. Any info on a command line for second UT99 game on my rack?
Slow down padre. All you have to do is assign a unique port number to your second UT server. So instead of 1.2.3.4:7777, your new server can be reached on e.g. 1.2.3.4:6666.

You can create a new UnrealTournament.ini for your second server, listing all mutators and whatnot to load therein. Then make a new RunServer.bat file with the addition of ini=. For example, if the UnrealTournament.ini for your second server is called server2.ini:

Code:
@echo off
ucc server CTF-Face.unr?Game=Botpack.ctfgame?mutator= ini=server2.ini
However, you might run into trouble running two servers from the same directory (maplist etc.). Therefor I personally choose to give each server its own UnrealTournament folder. Then you don't have to worry about a second INI, you can just edit UnrealTournament.ini and RunServer.bat in the copied folder for your second server.
Unread 16th July, 2008, 02:00 AM
Rampage

Quote:
Slow down padre. All you have to do is assign a unique port number to your second UT server. So instead of 1.2.3.4:7777, your new server can be reached on e.g. 1.2.3.4:6666.

You can create a new UnrealTournament.ini for your second server, listing all mutators and whatnot to load therein. Then make a new RunServer.bat file with the addition of ini=. For example, if the UnrealTournament.ini for your second server is called server2.ini:

Code:
@echo off
ucc server CTF-Face.unr?Game=Botpack.ctfgame?mutator= ini=server2.ini
However, you might run into trouble running two servers from the same directory (maplist etc.). Therefor I personally choose to give each server its own UnrealTournament folder. Then you don't have to worry about a second INI, you can just edit UnrealTournament.ini and RunServer.bat in the copied folder for your second server.
I was going to install lets say 3 copies of UT99 games in the Sata drive. All of which will have different names like server1, server2, server3 etc.
All servers will have differents maps to facilitates other UT game types.

As far as a port I did that on my home server works fine just ID issues for people to locate server. Wasn't to popular.

IP's are cheap with my provider.

Unread 16th July, 2008, 10:09 AM
Godlike

Quote:
I was going to install lets say 3 copies of UT99 games in the Sata drive. All of which will have different names like server1, server2, server3 etc.
All servers will have differents maps to facilitates other UT game types.

As far as a port I did that on my home server works fine just ID issues for people to locate server. Wasn't to popular.

IP's are cheap with my provider.
I think it will be cumbersome to assign multiple IPs to one machine. You'd have to have multiple NICs (network cards) in the machine and use the -multihome= option for your servers to tell each server on which IP address it should listen for incoming connections.

I still recommend using different ports, but it's your call. People that connect to your servers via the serverbrowser / favorites (>99%?) can't tell the difference. You can also give out unreal:// links to people, which once opened, will launch UT on their machine and connect to your server. E.g.: unreal://1.2.3.4:6666.
Unread 16th July, 2008, 01:21 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
You'd have to have multiple NICs (network cards) in the machine and use the -multihome= option for your servers to tell each server on which IP address it should listen for incoming connections.
Actually you can have several IP's on the same interface.

On a Windows machine this is found under the properties for your interface -> TCP/IP -> Advanced. Click Add to add another IP.

No idea how to do it on Linux.
Unread 16th July, 2008, 02:53 PM
Godlike

Quote:
Actually you can have several IP's on the same interface.
Technology never ceases to amaze me
Edit: you can even use a registry hack to accomplish this on Win9x. Another hack: mixing dynamic and static IPs here.

Ok, another argument against using multiple IP addresses: we should use IPv4 addresses sparingly, for we are running low on available addresses! That, and as you said, they will charge you ["lort"] extra for it.

Last edited by adminthis : 16th July, 2008 at 03:16 PM.
Unread 16th July, 2008, 03:56 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Another hack: mixing dynamic and static IPs here.
That one was new to me, thankyouverymuch
Unread 16th July, 2008, 06:58 PM
Rampage

I'm going to ponder these for a day or so. Will do something though. I have to look into cost for additional IP'd I beleave they are $1 each a month.