You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > Wormbos Area > General Chat

Unread 8th March, 2006, 08:52 PM
out of order

Default Anti TCC and UTPlus canceled (source code available)

Due to lack of time and interest I decided to cancel my current UT2004 projects Anti TCC and UTPlus. I will not comment on this decision, but you cheaters can be sure YOU are not the reason. (It wouldn't be a reson to stop UTPlus anyway.)

However, since UTPlus contains a quite a few features other coders might be interested in, so I released the UTPlus source code.
If you have any questions about the UTPlus source code, feel free to ask in this forum.
Unread 31st March, 2006, 11:04 PM
out of order

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
I figured that since currently there's no anti-cheat tool actively being developed (TCC Buster X doesn't count!), it might be a good idea to release the Anti TCC source code as well. (as an example for interested UnrealScript coders)
Keep in mind that this is only an example of how UScript source code for an anti-cheat tool might look like. I really suggest only using this as a source of inspiration for your own anti-cheat tool because I guess cheaters already kown the source as good as I do.
Sorry folks, but the complete source code of Anti TCC will never be avaliable publicly. The stuff you could download here simply consisted of the extracted default properties of version 1.18c, i.e. it was available for a long time already - April Fools!

Last edited by Wormbo : 2nd April, 2006 at 09:55 AM.
Unread 23rd April, 2006, 03:39 AM
Killing Spree

Default Antitcc beta 12 for ut2k3

ill be you best friend for life if you just fix the bugs in the 12 beta for 2k3
Unread 23rd April, 2006, 03:11 PM
Killing Spree

guess thats not enough eh
Unread 13th May, 2006, 03:40 PM
Killing Spree

Myself and a few friends are very interested in the ping compensation as relates to iCTF. Prior to departing from the project was the server-side, client-side compensations completed?

If so, are there any compilied versions that we could download? If no compiled then what would we have to compile so that we can implement it onto our server (including brightskins, hitsounds, etc..)? Please go easy, as i'm not very experiencied with uscript and programming (only have some Java experience). Thanks.
Unread 13th May, 2006, 05:40 PM
out of order

If you want I can create a stand-alone Unlagged InstaGib mutator. The client-side ping prediction honestly sucks, but the server-side ping compensation works very well.
Unread 13th May, 2006, 06:24 PM
Killing Spree

Wormbo, that would be great. Much <3
Unread 15th May, 2006, 10:33 PM
Killing Spree

*Update:

I was able to compile your code Wormbo using the U-Make software as recommened but had to change to UTPlus...V2 rather than V1 as the redirect server we were using already had a pervious version uploaded.

Let me say that your mutator worked great for us. The ping compensation was right-on as we had a euro that played with the group (whe are North American) and was able to do very well in instagib. Also the various hitsounds were fun, and the mutator worked with Freeze Tag beta2.

Thanks again.
Unread 17th May, 2006, 03:53 PM
Forum Newcomer

Default Lag jazz

Actually, I'd love it if you could work on your PingCompensation2 mutator (maybe release a third version?)... I'm using PingCompensation2 on both of my servers and it does the trick for ping being a little high, however, a friend showed me a demo of him trying to hit me and he was always missing - I was just running... In the demo, it looked like the lasers were going right through me though I've tried UTComp's Net Code thing, but when I play on my locally hosted server (this computer -_-) there is a severe "glitch" (or freeze) for about 1 second - this happens with every shot from anyone... So my only hope is the PingCompensation2 mutator. Although, as stated before, it's been giving me some trouble. So while we're on the subject of unlagging, could you please look into revising your ping compensation mutator code?
Unread 18th May, 2006, 02:39 AM
Killing Spree

man will you please fix the server sidedetails and nick name char bug in the antitccv12beta1 for 2k3
Unread 18th May, 2006, 10:24 AM
out of order

No. For my own sanity's sake I will not do any work on any Anti TCC version anymore.
Unread 18th May, 2006, 10:29 AM
Holy Shit!!

Exercice in futility imo. There's probably a dummies books floating around called how to hack AntiTCC by now. Leave the man alone and consider that writing anticheat mods is bad because hardly anyone has anything good to say about them.

And that's probably why UTIII was a relative flop. New game, same sh*thead players ^^.
Unread 18th May, 2006, 01:16 PM
Holy Shit!!

I do. Wormbo's work on this has been much appreciated by me.

Hopefully ut2007 will be less prone to easy hacks.
Unread 18th May, 2006, 09:13 PM
Killing Spree

well is there anyway you could do a server side ping comp for 2k3 sometime
Unread 22nd May, 2006, 03:59 AM
Forum Newcomer

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manifest
Actually, I'd love it if you could work on your PingCompensation2 mutator (maybe release a third version?)... I'm using PingCompensation2 on both of my servers and it does the trick for ping being a little high, however, a friend showed me a demo of him trying to hit me and he was always missing - I was just running... In the demo, it looked like the lasers were going right through me though I've tried UTComp's Net Code thing, but when I play on my locally hosted server (this computer -_-) there is a severe "glitch" (or freeze) for about 1 second - this happens with every shot from anyone... So my only hope is the PingCompensation2 mutator. Although, as stated before, it's been giving me some trouble. So while we're on the subject of unlagging, could you please look into revising your ping compensation mutator code?
Please? I'm not asking anything big... well, actually, I've tried to make it better and failed miserably, so I guess it is pretty hard... But please, just when you have some time, could you go through and look at the code, see if anything you can fix?
Unread 22nd May, 2006, 06:15 AM
out of order

You know, PingCompensation2 is all about the placebo effect. Yeah, it does have a lot of code and stuff, but a bug prevents it from actually doing anything.

I don't plan to do a new Ping Compensation ("Prediction", actually, not "Compensation") version for the moment, but I'm working on a stand-alone version of Unlagged InstaGib for UT2003/4.
Unread 22nd May, 2006, 03:22 PM
Killing Spree

sweet
Unread 31st May, 2006, 04:39 PM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombo
You know, PingCompensation2 is all about the placebo effect. Yeah, it does have a lot of code and stuff, but a bug prevents it from actually doing anything.

I don't plan to do a new Ping Compensation ("Prediction", actually, not "Compensation") version for the moment, but I'm working on a stand-alone version of Unlagged InstaGib for UT2003/4.
Placebo effect? Really? Erm... Is the bug fixable?

But I suppose that's pretty good. Not much else that really needs to be unlagged with the exception of the Classic Sniper Rifle, Sniper Rifle (Lightning Gun), normal Shock Rifle, Link Gun, possibly the Rocket Launcher, and of course, the Redeemer... Ok, well that last one might not completely need it, but it would be another challenge, eh?

Anyway, Wormbo, in your opinion, does the New Netcode in UTComp have an effect? Again, I've tried it and it froze my UT2004 (client) but I host a dedicated server and play on it with the same computer (setting the UCC process to high priority for the enjoyment of others). I suppose it might just be my client freezing up since the server has the higher priority, but I want to know if you think it has a good, bad, or none existent effect. Thanks
Unread 31st May, 2006, 05:25 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet
Hopefully ut2007 will be less prone to easy hacks.
That would require some help from Microsoft. There are things possible in Windows that shouldn't be in a modern secure OS. Being able to access ring0 for example is nuts.

And that's probably why UTIII was a relative flop. New game, same sh*thead players ^^.