You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament 2003/2004 > UT2003/4 Server - Windows Specific

Unread 9th May, 2004, 02:22 PM
Forum Newcomer

I'm totally 100% new to the ut server admin world and was wondering.... [Pertains to UT2004]

How can I join a server normally (to play) but log-in as an Admin so that I can use the features of UAdminMod for instance (if that EVEN applies to what i'm trying to ask)? When I go to another machine and fire up UT2004 and then find our server under internet games theres no option to "Join game as admin". Keep in mind that I want other users to be able to join the server without having to type a password (public server).

Forgive the ignorance of the questions by the way, but I feel if I don't ask questions in this manner that it will either take way too long to learn on my own or that I may get frustrated and never learn at all..

Anyway, a side question is that during mapvote time, ALL THE MAPS show up (DM,CTF,ONS etc..) allowing users to select CTF maps while still in DM mode. This is annoying and I'd like to remedy that issue. Or at least if players want to go direct from DM to CTF for instance, that the "game mode" at least change from DM to CTF because what happens is that players that don't know any better select a CTF map but they can't really play CTF because the game stays in DM mode. dhurrrr.

I'm new to all this so be gentle and dont frag me right away.

thanks