You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament > UT Server - Windows Specific

Unread 6th January, 2003, 03:13 PM
Forum Newcomer

Hello. Yes! I KNOW this is a forum for admins, but apparantly other people can not answer my question! My UT (not UT 2k3) refuses to start up in XP Pro. Even if i try it in safe mode! :/ I get the following error:

General protection fault!
History Uviewport Exec UWindowsViewport Exec APlayerPawn execConsoleCommand UObject ProcessEvent TMale2 CityIntro TMale0 Function Engine PlayerPawn SShot Uobject ScriptConsoleExec Tmale2 CityIntro Tmale0 UPlayer Exec Uviewport Exec Uwindowsport Exec UInput ExecInputCommands Uinput Process UEngine InputEvent UWindowsViewport CauseInputEvent UWindowsViewport UpdateInput UInput ResetInput UInput Init UGameEngine Init InitEngine

Can someone helpe me? My specs are:
Win XP Pro
P3 600 BX Mobo
320 MB mem
Geforce 2 MX 400 32 mb
Logitech Cordless Desktop Freedom Optical (cordless keyboard and cordless and optical mouse)

If i replace the mouse with a normal mouse the game works fine. I reinstalled it several times but to no avail. The mouse accelaration is 0.

PLEASE help me cuz nobody else can! Cya
Unread 6th January, 2003, 07:28 PM
Unstoppable

If it works fine with a normal mouse (PS2?) and not with your “Logitech Cordless Desktop Freedom Optical (cordless keyboard and cordless and optical mouse” (USB?) maybe it can be an IRQ conflict, probably your USB port. I don’t use XP but in Win2000 u can check System Information. Start->Programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Information. In the Hardware Resources folder, check Conflicts/Sharing, if you have a conflict you can check the bios if it’s possible to do something there, maybe assign IRQ to usb? Or you can try to move the PCI card that conflict to another slot. Do you have the latest driver for the cordless Freedom?
Maybe there is an XP expert somewhere on this forum that can help you out, im not using that new fancy OS
Unread 7th January, 2003, 03:41 PM
Forum Newcomer

I think Mr. White is exactly right ... that and I think XP is a little rough on your system. Have you tried running 98 or Win2K I would download the latest mouseware from the Logitech site and see if that fixes it!

WinXP Pro or Home??