You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > Wormbos Area > Suggestions

Unread 3rd October, 2013, 07:45 PM
Forum Newcomer

Default Trigger bot detection

Hello wormbo!

I hope you are doing well.

I recently came back to this community and I'm very saddened by the amount of people using trigger bots. Some are amazingly obvious, some aren't. Either way, it really hurts the fun suspecting your opponents of cheating.

I thought about this for a while, and figured that trigger bots which hack into memory probably just read all the xPawns in the game. Wouldn't it be possible to make a mutator that adds static, "fake" xPawns? These xPawns could be invisible to other players, but "seen" by the cheat, thus triggering it to fire. If each player had an invisible, scaled up xPawn attached to them, this would cause the trigger bot to fire even though the crosshair is not on top of an opponent - rendering the cheat useless.

Also, another thing I've been thinking about is simply making a mutator that checks whenever a trigger bot sends a mouse down event (aka each time exec StartFire is run), there would be some logic running to see:

1. Has the user a lightning gun or shock rifle equipped
2. Has the user clicked the mouse button a suspiciously large amount of times? There's no reason (or even easy) to press the button 10 times in less than a second. If a user does this at several occasions, a message could be sent to the server and the player kicked.

Please let me know what you think about these ideas, and if you'd be willing to help me implement any of them.

Last edited by bleopp : 3rd October, 2013 at 08:19 PM.
Unread 3rd October, 2013, 09:21 PM
out of order

Anti TCC already has a feature to add invisible fake players, but the feature existed for so long, it no longer fools current cheats. If real and fake enemie can be distinguished by the player, they will necessarily also be distinguishable to cheats.

I guess checking for pointless clicks could filter out a cheat or two, but triggerbots probably don't belong in this category. They fire when they expect a shot to hit and they can include the "cool-down time" in their considerations. Also, a player's aim will usually not pass over enemies that often to be safely distinguished from a player that really just clicks often.

In fact, an old mouse button can "chatter" (the contact bounces, appearing as if the button was pressed, released, pressed again, possibly several times until the button stays in pressed state), which might be seen exactly like that in the game.
Unread 4th October, 2013, 09:30 AM
Forum Newcomer

Ah I see. Thanks for replying so fast.

I'm not sure how many cheats there are out there, or which is the most popular, but I think most of them are not maintained anymore. UT2004 is an old game and commerical cheats made for it cannot be profitable in comparison to new games. I think a new invisible fake xpawn implementation might actually work for quite some time before being hacked. I may be completely wrong though.

Last edited by bleopp : 4th October, 2013 at 09:48 AM.